Greensboro Electrician for 240V line

Status
Not open for further replies.

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
I've had an electrician over this week for an estimate on installing a 240V garage outlet [NEMA 6-50 plug] and rearranging some breakers in my service panel. Just now realized that along with checking Angieslist.com I should ask the local NCWW'ers if there's any certified electricians here in Greensboro they'd really recommend :icon_cheers from recent past experience? Hedgecock and Lowdermilk both seem highly regarded on Angieslist

Thanks in advance,
Larry

smandal

New User
sumanta
Hi Larry,

• What kind of equipment are you planning to use?
  • How much did the electrician quote?
Thanks
Sumanta

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
Hi Larry,

• What kind of equipment are you planning to use?
  • How much did the electrician quote?
  • Thanks Sumanta
I plan on installing an SPX powerXpress plug for an electric car (Nissan Leaf, or perhaps Prius plug-in hybrid coming out in the Spring) - of course, the outlet will also allow me to rewire my table saw and have option of future big tools someday.

No quote yet (they were here Monday AM, and still no followup from Southern Mechanical who subcontract for SPX). Hedgecock gave a rough estimate of $375 by phone description of job, Lowermilk ~$462, and I've been pleased w-Lowdermilk work in the past.

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
I had my one-outlet basement shop (in Kernersville) wired a few months ago with a new subpanel, lights, 120 and 220 outlets, etc. I used Fred Schlosser at e-Wire Electric in Winston. (fred@ewireelectric.com) (336) 725-5599

I did a great job that was priced fairly. This was the type of work that I thought it best to avoid the lowest bidder. When I next need an electrician, I will call him straight-away. He's a pro.

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
Well, I went with Hedgecock Electric from Summerfield aftersome word-of-mouth and solid Angieslist reviews, which were notable for lack of complaints - Marty worked well, and was VERY punctual for 730am visits both for the initial visit for an estimate ($550) and the workday (total work $360!) Work included running a 40A line for 240V and rearranging a now-crowded/maxed-out service panel. The EVSE system seems solid now, and I'm happy.

I'd hire again, and recommend.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congrats Larry. It's always nice when things go according to plan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS