"Green" products

Status
Not open for further replies.

aplpickr

New User
Bill
Re: "Green" solvent source

Most "green" is as much a scam as "global warming". The winter of 2015-2016 when it was -3° F in my NC yard, I had absolutely no WARM thoughts!

timf67

New User
Tim
That is not correct. You can choose not to list a chemical even if it is hazardous if it is a trade secret. You still have to list the hazards, but not the actual name. Most companies would not be able to defend dichloromethane (methylene chloride) as a trade secret because competitors would be able to figure out what was in there based on the SDS and the smell. Plus you really aren't gaining a competitive advantage by using a chemical that is hazardous. The true advantage would be finding the chemical that works as well as dichloromethane without the toxic properties

methylene chloride would need to be listed b/c it's hazardous

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Re: "Green" solvent source

Most "green" is as much a scam as "global warming". The winter of 2015-2016 when it was -3° F in my NC yard, I had absolutely no WARM thoughts!

Gotcha, but a perspective on Hendersonville and NC in general. You live in a very small part of our world so don't generalize about global warming etc everywhere else.

1. Hendersonville county, NC = 375 square miles.

2. NC total = 53,819 square miles.

3. Your environment = 0.7% of NC but it was a cold ##### there for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors