Great Deals on Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
You beat me to posting it - I guess I was busy looking out for #1 first. I ordered the Green Man/Tree Spirit book and the Fantasy and Legend book. This is not a minor sale guys; 70% off on a lot of the stuff and "slow ship" is under $5.

M

McRabbet

I ordered 3 books this afternoon -- wish I had ordered this morning because I also wanted the book on veneering and inlay that has now sold out. Boo Hoo... Still a great deal getting 3 books for the price of one at normal prices.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Wow great deals. It's a good thing most of the stuff was sold out otherwise I might have ended up with more than the 7 books I ordered!

CarvedTones

Andy
Wow - glad I ordered this morning. Both the books I ordered are now unavailable. Not only that, the ones I considered as possible alternatives are all also gone. I had just about talked myself into another one and was going back for another look at the description and found it sold out.

Shayne

New User
Shayne
Thanks for the heads up, I was still able to find a few things of interest and at excellent prices! When I clicked on the titles it said they were scratch and dent items. Anyone know that this means? I didn't see an explanation on the site.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the heads up, I was still able to find a few things of interest and at excellent prices! When I clicked on the titles it said they were scratch and dent items. Anyone know that this means? I didn't see an explanation on the site.

I have ordered these in the past. Some will have bends or rips in the covers or spine. You know like they were dropped. You may find a few pages that way but totally usable.

CarvedTones

Andy
I have also ordered in the past and I ordered again as my experience was good. Very minor cosmetic damage; if I were looking for a book in a retail store and found the last copy in the shape mine came in I probably would still buy it.

CarvedTones

Andy
A couple of follow up notes; one good, one odd...

One of the books came in absolutely pristine condition. No scratch, no dent, nothing. I think I was the first person to open it; the binding was still stiff. I couldn't be happier with that one.

The other one is backordered. Backordered? On a clearance of stock? How can that be? I do hope they send it. As luck would have it, the backordered one is the one I really wanted and the other one was one I was lukewarm about, but figured shipping is the same for the first few books you order so I could justify it at that price. OTOH, now that I have it in hand I am very glad I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS