Great day slabbing Super Curly (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slabbed out a piece of maple I picked up the other day....I was able to get 8 slabs 86"x40"x2.5" thick....Hope you like...Also I was able to get about 30 turning blanks ready for the lathe...

Dragon

New User
David
WOW Chris! That is some very nice maple. I'm sure pics don't do it justice. If I ever get caught up around here with all the garden work, wood pile clearing, lawn mowing, works-in-progress sorting and everything else, I'm really wanting to get back out to your place and just "mosey" around a while and see what I can find.

I sent you a link via PM for a router sled set-up that be more to your liking though I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind. I'll be glad to help out in building/setting up one or more for you when you're ready. You're welcome to drop by my hole in the woods and smoke my rig over for ideas too.

Thanks Dragon you rock buddy, I also spoke to a guy today that does a lot of very interesting slab table tops and only slices root balls....I went to his shop today and man you have to see this stuff, amazing....He is on no forums and just a good ole country fella with mad wood working and cutting skills.... When you come down I will run you by there...He is only 4 miles from my shop....

I do have to tell you one of the craziest things I saw him do today.....He took a 86" dia slab off a tree and used a stump grinder like a lathe and shaped this 6-7 foot bowl today....Crazy cool to watch this....

Dragon

New User
David
WOW! Yeah, you gotta take me there. I wanna see that. I feel so inadequate now, thanks.:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS