Great CHEAP but effective Push Pads

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I just saw this article in Fine Woodworking magazine about a tip on a better push pad. I've not personally tried it yet, but I'm sure to get some as according to the article you can get them for about $6 each from the hardware/DIY store. It's a Marshalltown brand Foam Grout Float Pad with Red foam. It measures 4" x 9" by 9/16" thick soft foam. Here's a link to the article ->. Push pads that actually work. Are you ready? - FineWoodworking

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
You can also get the redwood version and put a cleat on the back of it. Been using one for years. For traction, try gluing a piece of rubber rug padding or a cut off an interlocking foam floor mat to the face.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Years ago, Home Depot had a barrel of those @ $1.00 each. Didn't ask why just bought 10 of them. Gave some away and blades cut right through the thin aluminum BTW.

Reactions: Oka

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Years ago, Home Depot had a barrel of those @ $1.00 each. Didn't ask why just bought 10 of them. Gave some away and blades cut right through the thin aluminum BTW.
But with the cost of the SawStop cartridge and new blades I will pass.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
You can buy those floats with a wooden top also I have one around here somewhere.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Been using drywall sanding pads for years on the jointer.

Just got that expensive super-duper MJ push block thing. First use ripping 3/4 strips Pretty nice.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Also, you can use the HVAC neoprene comes in sheets of varying sizes. Glue it to a handle scuff the other side a bit (or not) and you are good to go. Made a bunch on a job where we had to dado the underside of plastic platforms (500+ platforms). Scary watching Sheetmetal guys use a table saw with a dado on it........ :oops:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS