Granite lab table - $125 (castle hayne)

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Not mine, etc.

Granite lab table - $125 (castle hayne)

1589311788691.png

I'm not sure what something like that costs new, but you could barely make a similar table out of wood for that.

DavidK

New User
David
by my calculations, the top should weigh 289.6 pounds. Might want to bring a lift or several strong friends. :)

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Granite top table from quality control lab. 2" x 2" steel construction. Top is 54" x 44" x 1.25" thick. Table height is 38", makes a great work bench.

Ok. Still don't know the weight of granite for that size table top---2,970 cubic inches.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I had a smaller one 25 years ago, they are awesome, but had to let it go because I was moving.

IT IS A KOOL-TOOL ...... only if you have the space ..........Maybe a solution is to Rent out sections of the table for people to have their sharpening set ups placed, then Yeah ! you could start a franchise ! .....and could nominate @Fishbucket as the 1st CEO :D :p

It is still a cool table........

wooduser

New User
Lecil
According to the volume shown, 2970 cubic inches, and the weight of 1.555 #/cubic inches, the wight would be 289#.
Lecil

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
I use old lab counter tops, about 2' x 4', on my work bench that are removable. They are actually a man made resin that is chemical proof and probably weigh as much as stone. They give me a perfectly flat surface to work on and nothing sticks to them.

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
I use old lab counter tops, about 2' x 4', on my work bench that are removable. They are actually a man made resin that is chemical proof and probably weigh as much as stone. They give me a perfectly flat surface to work on and nothing sticks to them.
Very interesting - where did you get the tables? I'm thinking about an assembly table and a top like that sounds like a good option.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS