Graduation Gift ideas for femal high school senior

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
My daughter graduates this year and I would like to make her a gift to give her (beyond the other trips and gifts she will get from the wife and I) but I am not really sure what to make her.

So I am asking for ideas on proejcts. She doesnt play any instruments, nor sports. She doesnt know for sure which college she will choose of the ones she has been accepted too, at lesat not yet.

She already has a cedar chest for clothes that has been gifted to her previously..
She has a wooden jewelry box as well...

I am struggling for ideas that would have some meaning but also be useful enough she would actually want and use it.

Thanks for the help....

spartyon8

Peter
User
Will she be attending college? If so, what is her area of study and future ambitions? A gift made towards that might be truly appreciated down the road instead of in the moment.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I just bought this tablet stand from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FL8BEG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1578684274871.png

The design was interesting, I thought, and it's just one of a number of tablet or book stands there. It, or something inspired by it, might make a fun project and be useful as well. Wouldn't take up a lot of room in a dorm room or apartment either.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Will she be attending college? If so, what is her area of study and future ambitions? A gift made towards that might be truly appreciated down the road instead of in the moment.
Yes she will be attending college. Planning to become a Dr.... so starting with Pre-med.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Pen and Pencil set with a beautiful case?
(I think Penn state makes Doctor emblem (caduceus) and that could probably be replicated on the box... )

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
On the more ambitious side, a drawer night stand or small chest of drawers. Its small enough to move from place to place and always essential. It will containerize many small possessions one will accumulate as a young adult. Even a small book case might be handy. Something of a size that can be moved in the trunk of a car or the back seat.

1 nightstand - 1.jpg

1 nightstand - 2.jpg

1 nightstand - 3.jpg

1 nightstand - 4.jpg

1 nightstand - 5.jpg

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Similar to Bob's suggestion, a collapsible bookcase. You could put an inlay in the back with her name, favorite pet, favorite saying, etc. I made a bookcase one time where they could insert pictures in the side.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
On the chintzier side - I made a tusk and through tenon book shelf that straddled my dorm fridge - it packed flat, for the move - maybe the original "flat pack"?!
Now the "Loft" that I created with 6X6 beams, where my roommate and I slept, which spanned the dorm room - that had to come in the pick-up!

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Scott,

This is really an interesting project, and based on what the next decade of your daughter’s life will be like. There are some meaningful and useful possible projects.

I personally find all the suggestions to be appealing and appropriate, but based on my personal experience of three degrees, many certifications and schools, and multiple trips to different continents, I think this suggestion could be a nice spin.

Get this book:

B783F043-7499-472E-BD23-561FE5C3C181.jpeg

360A3EC2-A123-46FC-9C60-75AC7EC7280A.jpeg

0713E520-6CE6-494B-AC2C-C033BAB61969.jpeg

While some version of a portable bookcase would have been perfect for me, I’m not too certain how useful it would be to a modern young person.

On the other hand, some type of durable but easily portable nightstand, Bachelor’s Table or petite dresser might be perfect for someone who’s going to be frequently changing her living quarters for the next several years.

76DF30AF-A86F-4CF6-8B9F-5427658DBC90.jpeg

Properly constructed, this type of furniture is beautiful, useful, and should easily serve your daughter for her lifetime. Perhaps I tend to be sentimental, but I would have enjoyed having something tangible that was so integral to my day-to-day existence during the journey she’s on.

Sorry to get so carried away with my suggestion.:rolleyes:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS