Graco Spraystation 3900

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Anyone own one of these?
Anyone ever use(d) one of these?
Any idea of value?
Looking to spray automotive primers, base coat, clear cost.
I have but 23 hours to decide on a bid!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
No direct experience - xo this is all OPINION based on no direct experience...but a BRIEF online search reveals that this a budget HVLP system, no longer carried by Lowe's - and maybe no longer available from Graco (or supported?).
Can't speak to the capabilities directly - but if you are 'in it for the long haul' then this does not look like a durable system (to me - Opinion!).
I know I wouldn't pay anywhere near $100 for it because if the unknowns and my perception of being a budget tool.
Brand name? Yes
One of their top quality tools? I doubt it.

Note that this is all opinion, and you were asking for experience from owners, which really ought to disqualify me from commenting - but I did anyways.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
If you want to paint a room it will work. But it is not for wood finishing.

What Henry said is true and good advice. My personal experience with Airless's is, get one that is high enough in quality and output or the tool is too cheap and it is a use and toss kind of tool.
There is a Titanbrand one that is about 300-350 that is pretty good for small jobs.

Echd

C
User
Support looks iffy as it is possibly discontinued. It belonging to a school system means all bets are off as to condition.

I will say I bought a Graco sprayer last year that was defective. Graco asked for a picture of it then overnighted me a brand new one with no other questions asked. I would buy their products without reservation... provided I knew they could be supported or warrantied.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nope. Knowing the high price of auto paints I would not try to spray them with an inferior/cheap gun

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
[
No direct experience -
Ah, Henry, now there's two of us!

I'd done the Internet search and found that LOWES used to carry it - though no idea what they sold it for back when. GRACO isn't offering it (as far as I could tell/discover) and I think I only found one YouTube video. Then, the "A summary of what you missed recently" arrived and I decided to search the archives and did so finding no hits at all. With less than 16 hours to go an a min req bid of $29.02, I thought it worth asking folks here.

I did find:
DeVilbiss FLG678 FinishLine Primer Gun Value Kit Price: $269.58 Amazon, and
DeVilbiss FinishLine FLG-678 Primer Gun Value Kit - 803560 SKU #DEV-803560 This model has been replaced with the new GPG Primer Gun Price: $281.99 Auto Body Tools & Body Shop Supplies | Auto Body Toolmart and
DeVilbiss GPG Primer Gravity Gun w/ Cup - 905014 SKU #1814812 Price: $319.99 Auto Body Tools & Body Shop Supplies | Auto Body Toolmart
Mentioned as someone (in another thread) said they were no longer available.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Support looks iffy as it is possibly discontinued. It belonging to a school system means all bets are off as to condition.

I will say I bought a Graco sprayer last year that was defective. Graco asked for a picture of it then overnighted me a brand new one with no other questions asked. I would buy their products without reservation... provided I knew they could be supported or warrantied.
SOLD FOR $175 - not to me and

GRACO RESPONDED:

Hello Charles,

The Spray Station units were private labeled for us by a company called Earlex. Shortly after they stopped making those units for us they were bought out by our competition but they are still in business. You can reach them at www.earlex.com or at 888-783-2612.

Thank You Graco Technical Support.

John Davis
Contractor Equipment Technical Assistance, North America
Graco Inc.
1-844-241-9498, Opt. 2
www.graco.com

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS