Google Master Needed Lol

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I am looking for either a 11/16" or 3/4" forstner bit with a small 1/4" shank. (Be good to have both)I was thinking about 11/16" just in case I have a flute blank that is a little off. I have bored a green one and then it move a little bit. as it dries... It happens once in a while..It might be a little tight for a 3/4" bit....Just thinking ahead

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Youre right! I iddnt see that, Why do they they need to be 1/4" shank Mike? I dont know if youre going to find a decent quality bit like that.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Look at my other topic I posted about (I am basically cleaning up a 3/4" plug in a Native American Style flute....If I had an extension that the part that holds the forstner bit would be under 3/4 that would be great...What I am doing is great already this is just something I want to make a little better.....Drilling the flute blank with a gundril leaves a point like a regular drill would and I would like that part flat like surface on a forstner bit would ...I am having to clean up both sides....I tried leaving both sides longer and it works .ok but it would be better if I had an extension like mentioned Super thanks in advance
Sort of a Specialty Drill Bit Extension

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Look at my other topic I posted about (I am basically cleaning up a 3/4" plug in a Native American Style flute....If I had an extension that the part that holds the forstner bit would be under 3/4 that would be great...What I am doing is great already this is just something I want to make a little better.....Drilling the flute blank with a gundril leaves a point like a regular drill would and I would like that part flat like surface on a forstner bit would ...I am having to clean up both sides....I tried leaving both sides longer and it works .ok but it would be better if I had an extension like mentioned Super thanks in advance
Sort of a Specialty Drill Bit Extension

Possibly you missed my response in the prior thread
The Maxi-Cut bits and extension will be perfect for your need. The extension has a grip end diameter of 13 mm (just over 1/2") and the bit shank is about 8mm - I did not measure. The bits lock in the extension with just a twist - no setscrews and the extensions can be coupled together.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Possibly you missed my response in the prior thread
The Maxi-Cut bits and extension will be perfect for your need. The extension has a grip end diameter of 13 mm (just over 1/2") and the bit shank is about 8mm - I did not measure. The bits lock in the extension with just a twist - no setscrews and the extensions can be coupled together.
Phil I sure missed your reply. Sorry but thanks.....I had 2 bits and the #2 Morse taper adapter in my cart but I cant find the extensions available anywhere...Maxi Colt is being discontinued...Lee Valley did have them but no more...Packard has some stuff but no extension that i can find for the Colt Maxi cut...I emailed them

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Phil I sure missed your reply. Sorry but thanks.....I had 2 bits and the #2 Morse taper adapter in my cart but I cant find the extensions available anywhere...Maxi Colt is being discontinued...Lee Valley did have them but no more...Packard has some stuff but no extension that i can find for the Colt Maxi cut...I emailed them
Crafts Supplies has some Ill wait a bit on Packard....Update Longest extension I can find is 6" at $24.95 ..I would need 3 of them plus the #2 morse taper adapter for the lathe (i could do it with the drill though an leave that out ).....Thats a little more than I want to spend on this..Still thinking....Thanks !!!!

I went to shop and experimented/measuring...I would need a 11/16 bit which I found (the Maxi Cut one too) ...a 3/4" would be snug going in unless I did it when blank had not been turned round yet which is really the best way....I probably keep on doing like I am lolol!

Last edited:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just checked Lee Valley and they show availability of the 270mm. I have a short one and all the bit sizes if you need to borrow

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I just checked Lee Valley and they show availability of the 270mm. I have a short one and all the bit sizes if you need to borrow
I appreciate it but I am just trying to figure what to get here ..I might use it a few times now and not again for a while.I would need 2 extension plus the #2 morse taper adapeer and then the bits.And from what Ive read Infinity tools is discontinuing them and then if I needed another size I might have to go another route....or set up... Just an idea Im playing with for now. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS