Google instead of Paypal: Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
We are presently in the middle of our largest Drawing ever! The prizes McRabbet has put together are awesome! Unfortunately we learned that Paypal does not allow us to use them for Raffles, it is against their policies. This has necessitated our switch to Google for payment purposes for the Drawing ONLY. That is only reason for the change.

As the total value of prizes from this Drawing exceeds $4,000, I encourage everyone to play. One of the drawbacks to being on the BoD is that we are not allowed to play.:gar-Cr

Where else can you get a chance at a Festool Kapex, A clearvue cyclone, hand planes, turning tools, a Kreg jig, etc. for only $5?!!

Doug

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
how does this affect those of us who have already bought raffle tickets and paid via Paypal?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
how does this affect those of us who have already bought raffle tickets and paid via Paypal?

There is no effect, your purchases of tickets are valid and included. Ticket numbers will be assigned in the order of the date of receipt regardless if via check, Paypal, or Google checkout.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Mail checks/money orders to

NC Woodworker
1012 Mauldin Circle
Wake Forest, NC 27587

Please be sure to note in the memo/comments section that it is for raffle tickets.

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
Can we still buy raffle tickets through Google? I'm sorry but I didn't see anything on the site on how to do that, where to go to do so, etc. Am I blind (I did search 'raffle' in the forums)? Can you buy more than one ticket? If I'm limited to one ticket can I pay more than $5 (I'm assuming proceeds go to help the site or some other worthy cause)? Does it matter if you attend the picnic (I'll be moving that weekend)? Am I asking too many questions?!

Your help is appreciated.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Dean you can buy as many tickets as you want. There is an box on the upper left of the home page labeled "Spring Drawing" click on it and there you are!

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
The really crazy thing about this is that with the PayPal toolbar, you can generate a single use card that you can use at Google, thought they might decline it if they see what it is for. I was surprised to get a call from PayPal not long ago when they got the charge on a single use card that matched exactly with what I generated it for. It was from a rather obscure vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS