Goodwill lathe - moving to next user

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Goodwill lathe (and associated tools/equipment) is currently in the possession of @DTBoss. @Robert166 spoke up for it in May, so let's get it handed over.

Typical use timelines allow for approximately 3 months for the member to use. Before you take possession of the lathe, please ask for someone to help mentor you. You should provide your own protective gear.

During that time, routine maintenance of the chisels must occur (sharpen). If any tool breaks or is deemed unsafe to use, let us know and we will get it replaced.

Members must be beyond the 'New User' phase in order to be considered for use in the program.

Let me know wants to be next in line after Robert.

DTBoss

New User
Dan
I'm located in downtown Raleigh. The lathe and tools worked great the last time I used it, which was pitifully too many months ago. I'd emphasize the suggestion to have a teacher nearby as it comes with a lot of accessories that were a mystery to me. I'd have taken a class, but....well, 2020 and all.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jet midi, haven’t used it much though.
I think you will like it - unless you already know someone you should search out someone for teaching, you will enjoy it and get better faster with a good teacher!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Aren't the bearings shot in that thing already? Rumor has it, that it dims your shop lights and smokes a little on start up too. Might want to consider passing on this "goodwill" lathe, it sounds dangerous to me. No need to thank me, I'm just looking out for your best interest, is all.

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Aren't the bearings shot in that thing already? Rumor has it, that it dims your shop lights and smokes a little on start up too. Might want to consider passing on this "goodwill" lathe, it sounds dangerous to me. No need to thank me, I'm just looking out for your best interest, is all.
what do you know Jeff - I hear you work electrical while it is still live... just for the thrill of it! :p :p :p

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
what do you know Jeff - I hear you work electrical while it is still live... just for the thrill of it! :p :p :p
You heard right and besides sometimes, you have to trip the breaker in order to find it and in the box because people don't label the circuits.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS