Good WIll Lathe UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Okay, folks. Heath has had the Good Will lathe long enough. It's time to nominate the next 'owner'. Submit your nominees to this Thread & we'll decide who to forward it to. The winner is responsible for picking it up by whatever means available including Pony Express. It will be theirs (including accessories supplied) for the next 3 months. Nominations will be accepted through the end of the month.

Last edited:

Ben325e

New User
Ben
Re: Good WIll Lathe

In 2006 at the NCWW picnic, the group gave the founder, Steve Coles, a lathe. Steve was subject to the Universal Law of Woodworking, which states that

"Any person, who is or aspires to be a woodworker, upon receipt of any type or quality of woodworking equipment, will eventually, within a period ranging from six seconds to six months, determine that said equipment is beneath his or her current or future skill level and requires replacement with a superior model. This 'superior model' will then be equally subject to the Universal Law of Woodworking."

So Steve donated the lathe back to NCWW as a lathe for people to learn on and figure out what they do or don't like, want, or need. This comes with tools, chuck, etc. Everything to get one up and spinning. A person is nominated, elected, and then becomes the recipient of the lathe for ~ 3 months before a new nomination starts.

Here's the start of the whole thing: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7564

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris

I'm flattered! You guys really going to make me get serious about learning to turn ? :eek:

JohnW

New User
John

You guys see where Chris lives? I think the vortex spins the opposite direction up in VA? Will "Good Will" work up at that latitude?

If so...I think CD will get sucked in just fine.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

I'm flattered! You guys really going to make me get serious about learning to turn ? :eek:
We are never serious about anything here! Puh-lease. This is a sneaky plan to get you to commit tons of money to eventually buying a set of turning tools, thereby not being able to purchase insane deals posted on Craig's List so we can have them instead.

Plus, if you've got it, it means the rest of us are safe from the spinning temptations....

:rolf:

Bryan S

Bryan

We are never serious about anything here! Puh-lease. This is a sneaky plan to get you to commit tons of money to eventually buying a set of turning tools, thereby not being able to purchase insane deals posted on Craig's List so we can have them instead.

Plus, if you've got it, it means the rest of us are safe from the spinning temptations....

:rolf:

:rotflm: The tool gods do smile on this bunch of enablers.

This is a great opportunity to try turning. Do not be shy put your name in the pot and give it a whirl.

pudspens

New User
justin

you cant have a chance if you dont put your name in . i would put my name in but i already have 3 lathes of my own
once you start turning you will never go back :eusa_danc

Glennbear

Glenn

You guys see where Chris lives? I think the vortex spins the opposite direction up in VA? Will "Good Will" work up at that latitude?

If so...I think CD will get sucked in just fine.

As an owner of 3 lathes and a resident of VA I can testify that spinny things work just fine up here :gar-La; I think Chris would be a good candidate. :wsmile:

sawduster

New User
Robert

As a previous GWL [STRIKE]sucker[/STRIKE] recipient I can testify that it is a great opportunity to get a feel for it before you do it for real :icon_thum turning has many benefits, not the least of which is a fair amount of weight loss. In 2 years I have lost approx 45 lbs from my wallet !! :rotflm:

BTW my flower beds have the prettiest mulch you've ever seen ! :eusa_danc

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

To make this a real horse race, I nominate brad4est for the GWL.

May the vortex consume you!!!!

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User

Don't be shy folks - this is a GREAT way to get started. Plenty of time to get setup and turn out a few "stocking stuffers"!!!

I 2nd, 3rd, (whatever), CDPeters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS