Good table saw for around $1300

Mathoosala

New User
Matt
Hey, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking at adding a table saw to my garage. I would love a sawstop but just don't have the budget for one, which is currently $1300. I have been looking at the Delta 36-5052, 36-5100, 36-5152 and Shop Fox 1851. Anyone with experience with these or have something else to recommend for my budget? Thanks for the advice!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard. Hope you like this place, I know I do.

Many with budget limitations consider buying a used saw. Without digging into the details of the saws you are considering, can you tell us more about what you would like? 220V or 120 V operation? Preferences of rip fence? Rip capacity? Mobility required or not?

With patience and $1300 you can purchase a lot more saw used than you are looking at new.

I can't tell your location but here is a similar Delta on the RDU Craigslist - Posted very recently.
Table saw

Here's a cabinet saw - a Delta Unisaw (240V) - $900 posted a month ago
Delta Tilting Arbor Unisaw

Lots of other examples.

Henry

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Welcome to NCWW. Go to the "Who We Are" Forum and tell us about yourself.

The $1300 SawStop is a contractor saw and your budget is about $1300 so why not get the SawStop Contractor Saw? The Delta saws are full size cabinet saws and also match your budget.

Mathoosala

New User
Matt
Without digging into the details of the saws you are considering, can you tell us more about what you would like? 220V or 120 V operation? Preferences of rip fence? Rip capacity? Mobility required or not?
I don't have a dedicated space so I need something I can store along a wall and pull out for projects so I was thinking something in the hybrid range that I can put on a mobile base or build into a movable out-feed table. Garage currently only has 120V but I could add 220 if needed. I just want to make sure the rip fence is accurate, not sure about rip capacity yet.

luckyGoose

New User
Yogi
I'm selling my bosch 4100-09 with the mobile base and a shark dust guard. It's wired for 120v, and I do have the extensions that I bought separately. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I don't have a dedicated space so I need something I can store along a wall and pull out for projects so I was thinking something in the hybrid range that I can put on a mobile base or build into a movable out-feed table. Garage currently only has 120V but I could add 220 if needed. I just want to make sure the rip fence is accurate, not sure about rip capacity yet.

Sounds like the SawStop JobSite saw Jeff linked is perfect for you.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Check out the Grizzly website. I got a used hybrid table saw made by Grizzly that works on either 120 or 240 volt. Cast iron and you can get a mobile base for it for a reasonable cost.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm selling my bosch 4100-09 with the mobile base and a shark dust guard. It's wired for 120v, and I do have the extensions that I bought separately. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

I have an earlier Bosch on that stand. Pretty convenient to roll the saw around.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Stick with your thoughts on the Delta vs the Sawstop if youre looking at a jobsite size instead of a dedicated cabinet saw.... 108# vs 305#, nuff said.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I have the SawStop PCS with 1.75hp motor. I have always used 120V saws and it normally is not a huge limitation. I can cut three inches deep in hardwood, slowly, and with a clean sharp blade etc.. The advantage of 220V is a 3hp motor (or 5) that does not make you change blades as often and deals with warping wood and other unusual challenges better. But everything I can think of that uses 220V is not small nor easily stored.

I used to have a setup with about 60 inches of rip capacity but I do not in my current shop and do not plan to. I use a DeWalt track saw to cut up large sheet goods and the PCS to make cuts in smaller pieces. My PCS has 36 inch rip capacity. Combined with the track saw, I have everything I need. I finished a dresser last weekend (need to post pictures) that is almost all sheet goods and all the cuts in sheet goods were done with the track saw. Finish cuts, not ripping down cuts. The drawers all fit fine with no fiddling.
You might want to look at Kreg's new track saw system. It would be easily stored and will do a lot of what many of us use our table saws for. I think you will still want at least a small table saw but for me at least the track saw is a permanent part of my shop. And, with difficulty, it can be used as essentially a total table saw replacement - with compromises. You should also look at Ron Paulk's work bench ideas. All can be broken down for storage/transportation. He incorporates metal poles in some of the designs to support a portable saw that then uses the workbench top for outfeed support.

After several decades of using smaller table saws I am glad to have a big heavy table saw with a cast iron table. But it is not compatible with car parking in the same space. I made most of the furniture I've made on smaller saws and they can certainly get you by until you can have a dedicated space.

photostu

New User
Stuart
I have this saw, I love it, its in your budget.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS