Good source for Walnut around Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhythm House Drums

New User
Kevin
I'm actually in Matthews and am looking for a reasonable source for Walnut and other hardwoods, but mostly walnut. I use a lot of it in what I do, and so far have only found prices I find way high, or the selection is extremely limited. I've seen it over 11 bucks a board foot.. I currently get all my walunt shipped in from out of state. With shipping I pay a little over 4 dollars a board foot (shipping is usually the same price as the wood, but I don't get to select out the lumber, and the size is limited by what is economical to ship. I dont mind going for a bit of a drive to pick up some stuff... I just don't know where to drive to. :)

Any help would be great!

decibel

New User
Patrick
First off welcome to the site!

There's a couple places to look around here. There's Rick at the Woodworking source in Mooresville (http://www.thewoodworkingsource.com/) also the banner ad on the side. I' ve done a few walnut items and usually pick mine up from Kyle (http://www.sawmillnc.com) up in Iron station which would be a bit of a drive but I always come back with some nice lumber.

There is a list you can find from the forum menu up type called Woodworking in NC and can see a list of sawyers and wood suppliers.

Good luck and post up some threads on your work I looked at your site an you've got some nice work on there.:eusa_clap

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
I'm actually in Matthews and am looking for a reasonable source for Walnut and other hardwoods, but mostly walnut. I use a lot of it in what I do, and so far have only found prices I find way high, or the selection is extremely limited. I've seen it over 11 bucks a board foot.. I currently get all my walunt shipped in from out of state. With shipping I pay a little over 4 dollars a board foot (shipping is usually the same price as the wood, but I don't get to select out the lumber, and the size is limited by what is economical to ship. I dont mind going for a bit of a drive to pick up some stuff... I just don't know where to drive to. :)

Any help would be great!

You need to drive to The Hardwood Store of NC, Inc. It's within about 1 1/2 hours of you.
www.hardwoodstore.com

Thanks.
Cheryl

bwat

New User
Bill
Whenever possible I try to support the suppliers that support this site by advertising here. They keep this site free!:icon_thum

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
In addition to Kyle, The Moulding Source and The Hardwood Store (all great businesses to deal with), another NCWW member - Randy the Wood Butcher - has a mill on the south side of Charlotte. He's probably your closest option, but I don't know if he stocks walnut.

Warren46

New User
Warren
Kevin,

How much walnut do you need and what size.

I have a little stash that I might be willing to share and I live just around the corner from you.

Send me a PM and maybe we can get together.

Warren

Rhythm House Drums

New User
Kevin
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I found my source up at The Sawmill..I'll have to call... but I like the looks of the company, and the price on walnut.

Warren, I sent a pm.

Already a big fan of this community!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS