Good price on Bosch 12V drill and impact driver kit (Amazon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Both of these tools were designed for the DIY'er and do not need a chuck. Both use 1/4" hex shank bits - that means drill bits, insert bits, and nut setters. All you have to do is swap out the size and type of bit you want to use and put it to work.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
That is a great deal that I would jump on if I did not already have a Ridgid set that I love. Quite honestly I use the impact driver for almost everything, including drilling (when I have the hex-base drill bits with me. Having two batteries has worked great for me (Ridgid set has larger and smaller battery; I use the larger one, with smaller as a backup for use when larger battery being charged). Compact, almost pocket sized, these types of tools pack enough power for anything I need - I am not a all day deck builder.

Note that in this set the drill does not have a typical Jacobs chuck, just a 1/4 hex. You could either buy new bits, an adapter chuck, or a different set. EDIT - i see other posters have already noted this. Sorry for duplication.

Last edited:

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I'm hoping for another deal on the higher priced "flex" set that adds other add-ons for close quarter drilling and other situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors