Gonna Be Moving~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

I am sad and happy to say that I will be moving soon.

I have almost put in 6 years in the military and will be using the Post 911 GI Bill to go to College in Utah at USU for the Electrical Engineering degree. Three years straight schooling with a part time job. :swoon: This has been a very hard decision for me. I love woodworking, but miss my family very much only seen them for two weeks in the last 6 years.

I am really sad to leave NC because of the massive amount of Woodworkers here, I still can't believe how many are here and will surely miss the people and friends I have made here. I also will miss being able to shoot 8 deer a year and just going to walmart and getting a tag, compared to drawing out and only being able to shoot one. :BangHead:

Will probably be heading out to Utah in the middle of March. I have 57.5 days of leave and should get out of the military by 21 feb and am planning on stopping by a few more NCWW places and making some clamps at Scott's.

Thank you for all you have done for me and prayers over the summer for my wife~!

Matthew

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Matthew, we'll be sorry to see you leave NC, but it sounds like you are making some hard but wise choices for both your future career as well as your family.

Will look forward to seeing you in February at the handscrew workshop.

Scott

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt, you are doing the right thing for yourself anf your family. Just because you are moving does not mean you can't remain part of NCWW. Might make it a bit tough on the PE system.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Sometimes you have to make tough choices, but in the end you know that you've made the choices you were meant to make and traveled the road you were meant to take. Best of luck to you Matthew. :icon_thum

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Dang, sorry to see you go but at the same time it sounds like a good move ... and more adventures! We'll miss you "in person" around here, but don't disappear ... you're obviously always welcome!:icon_thum

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Sorry you're relocating, Matthew, but you aren't leaving us:no:.
Best of luck to you and your family.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sounds like a real adventure ahead of you!

Fear not, we are here and always ready to hear of your latest project.

Now we have a connection for Craigslist Utah!!

Jim

Dragon

New User
David
Like Scott said, might make that PE thing a bit tough but I'm sure there's enough of us on here to cobble together a trebuche' that'll sling it pretty close to ya.:gar-Bi Best wishes on the move and the schooling. Sounds like you've agonized long and hard over the decision but I think you're making a wise choice. Keep in touch with us. :eek:ccasion1

sapwood

New User
Roger
Sounds like a great opportunity, Matt.
And Utah is my second favorite state :icon_thum
Best of luck on this grand adventure!

Roger

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Many thanks for what you've done for us!:notworthy: Best wishes for the future in all you do! :wsmile:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Matthew, we'll be sorry to see you leave NC, but it sounds like you are making some hard but wise choices for both your future career as well as your family.

Will look forward to seeing you in February at the handscrew workshop.

Scott

Wow you guys Truely ROCK~! I am so impressed with all the positive answers, just what you would expect from the NCWW members.

Thank you very much, it was a very hard choice. Will certainly say connect through NCWW.

See you in FEB Scott and whomever else shows up~!

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Dang, now there's not going to be anyone around to answer all my questions:gar-Cr
Glad to hear your going to be getting some schooling, good for you.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Dang, now there's not going to be anyone around to answer all my questions:gar-Cr
Glad to hear your going to be getting some schooling, good for you.

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Me Answering your questions, that is funny. You have been the one answering all my questions. You'll finally get some piece and quiet~! :gar-Bi

All I ever did was grab your 45 degree jig you already had and used it on your disc sander, so the table stays at 90 degrees. You have been a great friend and teacher and I will miss you Earl.

Matthew

M

McRabbet

Matthew,

You're making one of those important moves to improve your life -- it takes a good man to recognize that he can do more to improve himself and it looks like you are undertaking that move -- congratulations are in order, for sure! Although you will move far away to pursue your education, you will always be welcome here. As a side note, I've always tried to improve myself and sometimes it takes sacrifice to do it -- I still try to learn something new every day. Good luck to you and your wife as you move on to new challenges! And lest I forget, thank you for your service to our great Nation.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Matthew, hate to see you go but you are making a good move to futher your education and to be closer to your family :icon_thum I know that we will still see you here at the NCWW so keep those pictures coming so we can see what you are making

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
As already said,you are making the right decision with your education,and may God be with you on your journey,and with you in your new venture.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Matthew,

Kudos to you for your decision! It's a difficult one for sure but it sounds like it's the right one for you and yours. Make sure you keep us up to date. Oh, and if you need to store any of those excellent tools I'm sure I can make room in my shop! ;)

Travis

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Well, this is a cause for celebration! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

1. We'll always be here should you need us.
2. You will actually be using the GI bill that you earned through sacrifice and hard work.
3. (You may get to enjoy some fantastic skiing!! :eusa_danc)
4. EEs are the only engineers that aren't all geeky and nerdy!! :gar-La;

Work hard but take time to enjoy the trip once in a while. It's worth the effort to get that sheepskin.

Chuck

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Matthew,

Kudos to you for your decision! It's a difficult one for sure but it sounds like it's the right one for you and yours. Make sure you keep us up to date. Oh, and if you need to store any of those excellent tools I'm sure I can make room in my shop! ;)

Travis

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: You are a funny one Travis~! I am sure I would say the same thing though.

We actually sold our 98 Acura TL Wednesday for what I was asking $2400 and then the guy gave us $60 to pay for dinner and thank me for my service. I said sweet. Thank you.

We are now going to use that money to find a trailer or something to hold/haul all my tools to Utah.

Well, this is a cause for celebration! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

1. We'll always be here should you need us. That's why I love this site~!
2. You will actually be using the GI bill that you earned through sacrifice and hard work. Yes 6 years and not all easy, but definitely some great experiences and life lessons learned along the way.
3. (You may get to enjoy some fantastic skiing!! :eusa_danc) That is true even though I switched to the true snow Religion....Snowboarding~! I started skiing when I was 4 years old and switched to Snowboarding when I was 16 and I actually hated it my first three times until I got good and now I love it.
4. EEs are the only engineers that aren't all geeky and nerdy!! :gar-La; Phew I was scared I would be a Nerd. That gives me great relief.

Work hard but take time to enjoy the trip once in a while. It's worth the effort to get that sheepskin. Sheep skin???

Chuck

Thanks for the celebration claps and list, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS