GONE! FREE kiln dried FS and QS Red Oak near Apex NC, but there is a catch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
UPDATE - THIS HAS BEEN DONATED TO A LOCAL WOODWORKING SCHOOL FOR USE BY THE STUDENTS AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

SHOP ORGANIZING!!!

You can have approximately 70 board feet of kiln dried red oak - primarily of 5/4 that has been planed to 1-1/8". Some 4/4 as well. FREE

Some QS, some FS, lot of mixed grade boards suitable only for short length projects. About 1/3 of the boards have curl.

Here is the catch - you have to take it ALL and I would like for it to disappear ASAP, so no holding it for a week or two until you can get here.

First NCWW member to commit AND show up gets it.... and I'm around the shop today...

Post in this thread that you're interested and then give me a call or send me an e-mail via this site. I'm in New Hill, which is about 20 miles SW of Raleigh.

Scott

Check out the curl in this board!

attachment.php

Some pretty cool grain patterns in the lower board.

attachment.php

A view of the lot offered (the upper 3 layers).
attachment.php

The wood being given away is the top 3 layers on the photo below. The lower layers are not included.
attachment.php

Attachments

• RFO3.jpg
    RFO3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 309
  • FRO4.jpg
    FRO4.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 301
  • FRO 1.jpg
    FRO 1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 316
  • FRO2.jpg
    FRO2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Re: FREE kiln dried FS and QS Red Oak near Apex NC, but there is a catch...

So much nice lumber; nice lumber so far away. :wconfused: A very generous offer by you Scott. Why don't you move farm, sawmill, and everything else much further west!:wwink:

Skymaster

New User
Jack

Bruce he only has to get that runway finished and we can start an air freight biz. LOL

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

Bruce he only has to get that runway finished and we can start an air freight biz. LOL

Jack, we're doing the final grading on the runway this week and seeding it. Should be in operation mid year 2018.

300' cleared approach, 2,500' grass surface, and a 500' cleared departure.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Maybe I should have reconsidered selling that Cesna - nah, it wouldn't have hauled much more that a couple passengers, let alone lumber.

Skymaster

New User
Jack

LOL BUT a Cherokee 6 300 will :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS