Going to look at a Performax 22/44 sander tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Is there anything I should look at to see if its damaged or needs work on it? He says the belt has a small tear in it like 3/4 inch. other than that he says its in great shape.

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Belts are easy to replace, as long as the drum turns free and runs true you are on the right track for a good sander. You must use a vaccuum with it. Hope it has infeed and outfeed tables.
dick

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Check the power feed make sure it works. on The 22-44 (at least mine) there is an adjustment to change the tilt of the column. Make sure it works and that you can get the drum fairly parallel to the table top. Check the gears and how easy the height adjustment works. It should be a bit tight, very little if any slop. Lastly, look at the paper holding mechanisms in the drum to make sure they aren't broken.

Good Luck!

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Check the power feed make sure it works. on The 22-44 (at least mine) there is an adjustment to change the tilt of the column. Make sure it works and that you can get the drum fairly parallel to the table top. Check the gears and how easy the height adjustment works. It should be a bit tight, very little if any slop. Lastly, look at the paper holding mechanisms in the drum to make sure they aren't broken.

Good Luck!

If its not to mauch trouble could you take some pictures of yours for me? so I know what to look at.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
I've enjoyed the Performax 16-32 I purchased last week. All the suggestions above are good. The infeed/outfeed tables are nice! I've used it to flatten 2 cutting boards and some glueups. My 1hp delta DC seems to do a good job handling it. Make sure if they have any extra sandpaper or any other accessories to make sure that they are included. Accessories and paper is pricey. I'm sure you will enjoy it. What model you looking at. I feel that the bigger the better if you have the room.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I've enjoyed the Performax 16-32 I purchased last week. All the suggestions above are good. The infeed/outfeed tables are nice! I've used it to flatten 2 cutting boards and some glueups. My 1hp delta DC seems to do a good job handling it. Make sure if they have any extra sandpaper or any other accessories to make sure that they are included. Accessories and paper is pricey. I'm sure you will enjoy it. What model you looking at. I feel that the bigger the better if you have the room.

22/44

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor