Glue for Scary Sharp

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Read a few posts, some suggest 3M 77, but way too strong. ( Just scraped and cleaned with solvent my glass plate)

Krylon makes a re-positionable glue, Easy Tac $14
But has anyone tired this cheaper one?

Aleene's Repositionable Tacky Spray, 10-Ounce $13

Scotch Spray Mount $18

Scotch Artist Adhesive Spray mount $14

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Klingspor sells an adhesive for disks. I think the name is Sprayway 66. Can check tomorrow .Use it to attach disks to my 12" disk sander

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I have used Aleene’s. It works well. I used to spray the back of my patterns before placing on wood. I remove the residue with a spray of mineral spirits. Worked well. Now I put clear contact shelf liner down first. That removes without residue. Might the shelf liner fix your problem?

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Shelf liner and then glue the paper to it. That may work. Ordered a can to give it a shot.

Spray Away 66 $17 + 9 shipping. Going the wrong direction. On my 12 inch, I don't mind a stronger glue, but might try the above there too. The original HF disk glue got brittle and came off. A bit too dramatic for me.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Shelf liner and then glue the paper to it. That may work. Ordered a can to give it a shot.
Scott, not sure what you ordered in a can? I think the shelf liner Berta was talking about comes in a roll. Maybe Berta can chime in with an Amazon link. I think it's like a peel and stick vinyl paper for shelves that she's talking about. Could be wrong....

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I use these and like them. The adhesive is sticky so I take a heat gun to loosen the adhesive and then some goo gone to clean the glass (glass tile in my case) before i lay down a new piece.

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
Dollar store has shelf liner ($1) that I use for scroll patterns. Not permanent, but stays in place for sawing and easy to remove.

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
Addition: apply #77 to pattern, attach shelf liner to wood and pattern to shelf paper

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS