GLOATeus Maximus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Stopped in at BIG LOTS today. Found these 24" Irwin 200-series clamps for $9.88 each. The band clamps were $4.99.

IMG_0596.jpg

Another satisfied Big Lots customer!

:bigcool:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That rocks, you may have scored the

GLOAT OF THE YEAR award
I wonder if my local Big Lots would have any, you get all the breaks. Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
How do the Irwins compare to the Besse Tradesman 'F' Type? Not the price, but the function and quaility

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Great deal on the clamps, I'll have to check our Big Lots :mrgreen:

As long as we're gloating... I stoppped out by a local sawyer today that has sold his mill and is closing up. He let me have the last of his Cherry, about 200 board feet, for $50. It's not perfect, some warps and twists but I can salvage most of it! It's probably a good thing he already sold the band mill, I'd have a tough time justifying that one to LOML 8-O

Steve D

Monty

New User
Monty
Hey!!! Don't horn in on my gloat! :p :lol:

WG: I took all the 24's they had, but I left behind about a dozen or so 18" 200-series clamps just like these for $8.88 each. And there are plenty of the band clamps left.

Steve: look at the link I posted for the specs on these. I don't know anything about tradesman, but these Irwins are seriously nice! The jaw capacity is 5.5", about 2.5" better than any F-type clamp I currently own. And these things are HEAVY! According to Amazon they're 5.8 lbs each! I'd say they're easily as heavy as my Bessey 40" K-bodies.

Going to Big Lots is a bit of a crapshoot. I try to stop by about once every month or so. Usually I don't want anything they have to offer, but every once in a while.... a jewel!

Still gloating! :cool:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well that is something. I think I'll stop on my way back from a customer and pick them up. Don't head back and get the 18s too. :)

The Irwin clamps look pretty good. Very comparable to the Jorgensen medium duty. What do you think Monty since you have a collection?

Thanks,

John

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Well, as of last night the Big Lots on Hwy 55 didn't have any (someone had got them as there was still a space). Did get a couple of the cable clamps though.

I'm OK with it though given my order of brand spanking new Bessey's came in yest. :icon_thum

woodguy1975

New User
John
They actually seem to be a bit better than the medium duty Jorgensons or Besseys. I picked up a bunch of 18"ers. There are a few more left if anyone coming to the get together wants them I can stop by and get what they have left. I think they had 8 left at $8.88.

John

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
woodguy1975 said:
They actually seem to be a bit better than the medium duty Jorgensons or Besseys. I picked up a bunch of 18"ers. There are a few more left if anyone coming to the get together wants them I can stop by and get what they have left. I think they had 8 left at $8.88.

John

We have a few biglots around here. So I am going to hit a few of them on my way to the TWA meeting tonight.

Thanks,

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
For those of you in Raleigh:
I checked the Big Lots on Wester Blvd.. nada...
I checked the Big Lots on Kildare Farm Rd.. nada...

Both places had band clamps, and corner clamps though..

- clay

Monty

New User
Monty
Sorry - I feel sort of responsible! Honestly though, I would do the same thing!!! :mrgreen:

Like I said, Big Lots is a crapshoot, but worth stopping by from time to time.

Monty

New User
Monty
By the way - I checked on the remaining 18" clamps yesterday.... they are LONG GONE!!!

Sorry guys. :-?

Monty

New User
Monty
hehehe.....

Found four more of those 24" clamps today. :eusa_danc

BACK TO BIG LOTS, BOYS!!!! (and girls) :mrgreen:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You suck some more!!!! Everytime I go into Big Lots they ain't got squat. How many times a week do you shop there:eusa_thin I never get any good luck.

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I'm with you. He must be like the flea market prowlers. They get to the flea market at 5 AM every Saturday and Sunday and get all the goodies before the crowd comes in....:lol:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
It must be the pure luck o' the draw! Just got back from the Cary Big Lots and they had diddly! 'Dem Irwin 24"' clamps are $13.99 at Northern Tools. That was the cheapest I could find when I was lookin'. Was hopin' to add some more from good old Big Lots. (By the way, I have found that the Irwin's are pretty good - for a Novice anyway.)

I also looked for those Rubbermaid shelf standards for 49 cents, but had none here either!

Will just have to keep poppin' in and out at least once a week 'til I get a hit!

Wayne

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Travis Porter said:
I'm with you. He must be like the flea market prowlers. They get to the flea market at 5 AM every Saturday and Sunday and get all the goodies before the crowd comes in....:lol:

Well, now you know why he calls himself insomniac.

Active member on at least 2 woodworker's websites.
Bargain hunter extraordinarie.
Encyclopedia of obscure info. if he doesn't know the answer, he knows or can find a link to exactly the right website within minutes.
Excellent writer of FAQs.
Actually does woodworking.
Father of 3 youngin's

Can't possibly have time to sleep.
PLUS, rumor has it, that he may actually hold down a paying job
:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS