gloat..big ol burls and curls..must be the season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Just got this monster cherry burl in .. 500+ pounds and some of its youngun's

Picture001.jpg
Picture002-1.jpg
Picture004-1.jpg

This Spalted Curly burly Silver Maple is over 50" in diameter and 14 feet long, heavy solid spalt lines, curl and pock marked with burl caps. It needs to be chopped before sawing since the weight would be crazy. I estimate this trunk weighs in at 8-9000 pounds of solid burl, curl and spalting..

Picture010.jpg
Picture011.jpg
Picture012.jpg
Picture013.jpg

and a big leaf burl that weighs in over 1250+ pounds. Small heart 90% burl cap.
Picture014.jpg

Glennbear

Glenn
WOW !!! :eek: thanks for sharing the pictures. I can see where it is going to take some heavy duty creative milling to convert that stuff to usable forms. :wsmile:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Kyle,

I don't think I've ever even heard of a burl that massive. I sure hope you keep us posted with what that stuff turns in to.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
That sure is amazing~! I never even saw any burl on trees when I was in NC, guess I wasn't looking in the right place.

I have sure seen a bunch of Burl here in Utah, in parks, mini zoo's and I even saw some guys mail box on top of a huge Burl Stump~!

Thanks for sharing Kyle, and I sure wish I could get some of that, Burl is so Beautiful~!

Dragon

New User
David
Lemmie go get a BIG truck and a crane and I'll be right over. I know you don't have room for all that and I've got a little storage space left that I might be able to squeeeeze some of it into.

Nice score on those.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
:gar-Cr :gar-Cr :gar-Cr I HATE YOU :kamahlitunot really,but oh well just fergit it,I'm gonna go dry some more :gar-Cr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS