Glazing progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

moodyfloyd

New User
Shawn
Here's my glazing progress on the craft table I am building. Let me know what you guys think...
IMG_05063.JPG

View image in gallery

craft_table.jpg

View image in gallery

moodyfloyd

New User
Shawn
I constructed the table out of birch plywood and poplar. Since the table was so big, I built it in 4 pieces, the 2 bookcases, the center drawer carcass, and then the top. The top has 3 layers of 3/4 poplar with different bit profiles to get the edge profile.

Once everything was built, I applied one layer of zinnser water based primer (which I don't recommend spraying, rather brush application is less troublesome, esp in this heat.
After sanding the prime coat, I applied 2 coats of sherwin williams proclassic satin in alabaster white.
Then I applied the glaze in a 1:2 ratio of sw water based glaze and pro classic satin otter with a foam brush and wiped with rags to get the look i wanted. I am finishing with 3 coats of polycrylic in semi gloss.

Overall this was a fun project, designed from scratch, and the size of my garage was the most limiting factor in the production part. How I wish I had a larger lot to build a shop or a larger garage to work in. Maybe someday if I turn a real profit in this hobby that will happen...

Thanks for the comment!

Shawn

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Excellent work there, Shawn!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I could use some of your glazing/finishing skills around this household.

That is a truly professional looking piece that I am sure will be cherished for a long while.

Thanks for sharing the finishing schedule with us.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS