Getting tree from construction site

Status
Not open for further replies.

njohnston924

New User
Nate
Good morning all. I have a question about getting a tree from a construction site that's on my way to work. They recently cleared some trees and there's a few hardwoods (one looks like walnut or hickory but hard to tell from far away) I assume I could ask for the foreman or super intendent and ask if I can take it away?

Reason being, I just upgraded my bandsaw and would like to resaw some rounds to make some short lumber pieces so it can start drying out

Anyone obtained lumber/logs this way?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
about getting a tree

What are the dimensions of the tree that you'd like to get (trunk diameter and length)?

and would like to resaw some rounds to make some short lumber pieces so it can start drying out

So you want to resaw some short boards, not rounds (cookies)?

It sure won't hurt to ask but even if you get the trees it'll be a job to saw them properly on the bandsaw and then air dry them.

njohnston924

New User
Nate
Thanks. Worst they can say is no i guess.

the diameter is about 1 ft give or take for the section that i can see. I plan on cutting the log into sections about 18" or so and then resawing those into boards. I'd be using the lumber for making boxes and small items

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I would ask. I did some resawing of some trees that I cut clearing my lot in the mountains and dried some pretty nice short boards. I made several step stools from this and they now have a history. Good luck and I hope you get the wood.

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS