Getting everybody to the Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
We all need to put our heads together and come up with a way that we can all carpool to the gathering. There are several members from the Triangle area who want to go, and others who are along the way to Hickory. With the current and rising cost of fuel, the more people who can go in one vehicle the cheaper for all. I only have a pick-up so I can't carry many, unless you want to go Kentucky Mass Transportation style...ridin' in the back. But I'm sure there are many of ya'll with big 'ole SUV's that could haul a gang. Let's work out a plan. Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Hey, ya'll can just come meet at my place and we'll carpool the rest of the way! :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks, that will save some fuel costs I'm sure:lol: . Woodguy1975 made it over here last night, good to see him. I look forward to meeting the both of you. Some recommendations to accomodations in the area would be appreciated, especially those close to Woodguy's place. Thanks, Dave:)

gator

George
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
Some recommendations to accomodations in the area would be appreciated, especially those close to Woodguy's place. Thanks, Dave:)

You thinking of spending the night? My plans, if we can get a car pool together, is to go and come same day (Saturday).

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am up for that also, all depend on how big of a party ends up happening. I believe it's about a 3-4 hour drive depending on where your at. I've never been so I don't know what to expect. Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
My Travel schedule

I am not sure my schedule will coincide with others.

I've never been to this kind of show before. So I want to make sure that I have time to see everything. It appears that Saturday will be pretty busy, with the gathering and things. So, I was thinking of going Fri morning or even Thursday evening and get a hotel room. Then whether or not to come back up saturday or sun, I was leaving open.

Part of the decison to go Thurs night or friday morning will depend on wether or not some one wants to drive with me and when they want to go. The same will be true of Sat night or Sunday morning.

It occurs to me that we shouldn't think of carpooling with the only option being going and coming with the same people. You go with the person that has the best schedule for you and come back with a possibly different person who has the best schedule for you return.

I have an SUV that carries 7 total, but two have to be children:lol: I think 5 beside myself will work if we don't buy a lot a the show.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Boys & Girls,

Not sure I can make it, but sounds like a great trip. Though, it may take about three days :mrgreen: For those east of Burlington there are lots of interesting stops going or coming. Woodworker's Supply in Graham and the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville are just off I-40--both are well worth a stop if you haven't visited. And I'm drooling to see the new Rockler Outlet in Greensboro that is also just off I-40 after the 85/40 split. If you choose not to stop, the drive from RDU area is 2 1/2 to 3 hours even if you drive the speed limit :rolf:. Not doubt insomniac can give more precise info, but Hickory is loaded with hotels/motels, especially near the Furniture Mart area.

Oops, almost forgot--should be a good time to glimpse a little fall foliage in lower elevations (Hickory)

Why Not?
Sapwood

woodguy1975

New User
John
Steve, let me know if you are coming Friday for sure. Maybe we can make an arrangement to get some dinner and hang out Friday night if you desire. I should be at the show on Friday afternoon at the least to sell tickets and then I'll be pretty well free.

That offer goes to anyone that is thinking about hanging around Hickory for a couple days.

See ya,

John

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'll definitly be there on friday and I'd love get together. my only decison is wether to go thurs day night or friday morning:p Maybe insom could come too, unless he's working.8-O

woodguy1975

New User
John
Cool, we'll firm up the details when things get a little closer. :) We'll give Monty a chance to see if he can make it.

See ya,

John

Monty

New User
Monty
For hotel accomodations, there is a Marriott Fairfield Inn and a Marriott Courtyard right next to the convention center.

Regarding meeting ya'll on Friday... well, ya know I'd love to... but...

SOME PEOPLE HAVE A JOB!

:slap:

Seriously, I MIGHT be able to meet up with ya'll Friday night, but I can't make firm plans. Saturday, I'm clear.

woodguy1975

New User
John
insomniac said:
For hotel accomodations, there is a Marriott Fairfield Inn and a Marriott Courtyard right next to the convention center.

Regarding meeting ya'll on Friday... well, ya know I'd love to... but...

SOME PEOPLE HAVE A JOB!

:slap:

Seriously, I MIGHT be able to meet up with ya'll Friday night, but I can't make firm plans. Saturday, I'm clear.

Aw come on Monty, it's not like work will be life or death. :-D

I hope it works out you can make it Friday. We'll have fun. I think I'll be able to get off work to be at the show selling raffle tickets all day Friday. Reguardless I'll be up for something Friday evening.

See ya,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS