Get'em while their young or Future Scroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I started working on the pineapples before dinner and my son wanted to join in on the fun. So I grabbed a scrap piece of wood popped a hole in it and let him play.

I actually turned the saw for a little bit at LOW RPM and explained to him where his hands go and that the blade would hurt him bad and of course daddy's hands were never more than an millisecond away. :gar-Bi

So here is the evidence. He made the drilled hole bigger it was pretty cool to watch.

IMG_1502_Web.jpg

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Re: Get'em while their you or Future Scroller

That's just too cool, I can't wait to get some shop time in with my little man.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Re: Get'em while their you or Future Scroller

It was pretty cool. He had such a big smile on his face. The thing that I thought was the funniest is he sees me blow the dust way that the puffer doesn't get and sure enought there was some build up and he leaned over a little and gave it a big ole' puff.

sawduster

New User
Robert
That, my friend , is priceless !! :notworthy: Scrolling is a great way to get youngers involved and is actually safer than most people realize :eusa_danc
Help him cut a simple dog or a duck or something for his very own and he will be hooked for life I bet :mrgreen:
Good on ya and thanx for making me smile this morning :icon_thum

steviegwood

New User
Steven
YEAH MAN!!! Love to see the little ones taking an interest. I have no children of my own but to pass on something to youngsters is just priceless. I have six nephews that when they were little at one point or other I have had them all fishing and hunting and for them to catch a fish or to take game made me so proud and gave me greater satisfaction than if I had bagged a world record. Another scroller up and coming. Congratulations. Steve:banana:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great pic and I'll bet he'll remember this for ever! I remember the first time my dad let me use the big tools!

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Great pic! I think you need to design a cut pattern for that picture and make that your new project. I was playing with it just now and I think you could do a good one.:icon_thum

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That is just to cool - It is good to see young ones get involved = I can't wait to get some shop time with my grandson and then soon after he climbs up on my lap the twin granddaughters will be right behind him:eusa_danc

bwat

New User
Bill
Take good care of this pic file and frame it for your shop. You'll cherish this for years to come!! Everytime you look at it you'll smile:gar-Bi.
Priceless!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great picture and even greater to see how how into it he is. I expect you guys will enjoy lots of quality time.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone. I think he is going to be a shop monkey. He was begging to go back out there. We can't tonight but tomorrow night I am going to take him back out there.

Christopher that is a great idea on making it into a pattern. I will have to look into how to do that. Is there software out there that does it or can it be done in PhotoShop.

Bill that is another good idea. I think I will take it this weekend and get it printed at CVS or somewhere like that. That will go up in the shop for sure..

He was so excited to be up there.

Scott he was very into it I was surprised. He was very focused on it. I am going to keep developing this with him as long as he is interested. I think I will draw some simple lines and help him start cutting them. Last night he was just having a blast moving the wood back and forth making little cuts.

To sawdusters point this was the safest powertool that I could think of that I was even remotely comfortable with him using. He is just under two and a half but it was funny caused I realized how close he has been watching me because he threw is his hands up on the far edges of the wood and started twisting and pushing. He amazed me.. It honestly was the best time I have had in the shop so far....

PChristy

New User
Phillip
He is just under two and a half but it was funny caused I realized how close he has been watching me because he threw is his hands up on the far edges of the wood and started twisting and pushing. He amazed me.. It honestly was the best time I have had in the shop so far....

And there is nothing that will ever take that away from you:icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
How wonderful! I was hoping your wife would get interested and find time to scroll - who knew the whole family would! :icon_thum

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I know it's crazy. He was asking to go out there tonight before bed. I plan on taking him out there tomorrow. If he is interested I am going to spend the time with him. I want to draw some lines on the wood and see if I can teach him to cut them even remotely close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS