Gents Toolbox

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
The shop (Dog & Pony Show-AVL) where I sell my boxes asked me to build a "Gents Toolbox." They had some requests or shows of interest. Here's what I came up with. The box is constructed of QSWO and Claro Walnut. The construction is miter joints with splines. The top and bottom are 1/4" BB ply with Claro Walnut veneer and curly maple banding, and the piston fit tray is Claro walnut and QSWO. The hinges are the large side rails hinges from Fineboxhardware.com, and the latches are antiqued brass I found on Etsy as well as the leather strap handle. My finish is Odie's Dark oil, and I did three coats with a final buff coat of Rennianance Micro Crystalline.

Gents Tool Box 1.JPG
Gents Tool Box 2.JPG
Gents Tool Box 3.JPG
Gents Tool Box 4.JPG
Gents Tool Box 5.JPG

frankom

New User
frank
The shop (Dog & Pony Show-AVL) where I sell my boxes asked me to build a "Gents Toolbox." They had some requests or shows of interest. Here's what I came up with. The box is constructed of QSWO and Claro Walnut. The construction is miter joints with splines. The top and bottom are 1/4" BB ply with Claro Walnut veneer and curly maple banding, and the piston fit tray is Claro walnut and QSWO. The hinges are the large side rails hinges from Fineboxhardware.com, and the latches are antiqued brass I found on Etsy as well as the leather strap handle. My finish is Odie's Dark oil, and I did three coats with a final buff coat of Rennianance Micro Crystalline.

View attachment 215104View attachment 215105View attachment 215106View attachment 215107View attachment 215108
In case you need another source I have used whitechapel-ltd.com in Jackson Hole,Wy and can vouch for their customer service and quality. Your work is beautiful.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors