General Industrial Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I was talking w/Jeremy Williams and Ed Nelson yesterday as we drooled over the big iron at the Hickory show about General Industrial Supply in Nashville. I went there a few weeks ago and was overwhelmed with their stock of WMH (Jet, Powermatic, Performax and Wilton) products. They specialize in "B" stock, transit damaged and factory surplus from Jet and Powermatic. Prices were ~half of street prices. They set-up and test what they sell and have a guarantee. I almost jumped on a single phase 20" PM disc sander with a small chip out of the shroud ($1100) and a large Jet 10 spindle OSS with a torn box ($550). They even offered delivery to Knoxville for free as they send an empty truck there on a regular route for freight pick up.

Their website is very basic so call them and talk with Jimbo. He's the manager in the warehouse and knows what's what.

http://www.generalindustrialsupp.com/

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Mark, I have the PM 20" disc sander and it is great. I find myself going to it on a regular basis. Great for sweetening up a miter cut or an outside curve cut on a band saw.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mark, I stopped by their store about six years ago, and it is everything that you state. A friend of mine who lives in Nashville absolutely loves shopping there.

They have lots of great deals, and a good reputation.

Scott

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
any thing you can imagine from wmh group, jet, powermatic, perfomax, wilton etc. they have at least a dozen. call jimbo his website is just a small fraction of what they have. they have several buildings full. if you go there and pick it up they'll make you a better deal to take it as-is on occasion. they wont' ship as-is because of liability though. you have to personally go there, as jimbo has explained it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS