GBO CL - Grizzly 16" Wood Band Saw - $175 (Edit - SOLD?!)

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
EDIT - gone, presumably SOLD end EDIT

Not enough detail to know if this is a deal or not... pics doesn't show much at all. States it's a 16" BS (odd size?) and by paint scheme and label I would guess it's an older saw. Still may be worth checking out if you're in the market for a BS.
It's not mine, not endorsing, yada yada....

Henry

Grizzly 16" Wood Band Saw - tools - by owner - sale

Grizzly 16" Wood Band Saw - $175

Used Grizzly 16" Wood Band Saw. $175

Last edited:

DavidK

New User
David
Thanks for the link, Henry.

The ad has been updated and the price dropped to $100 because the trunion mount is broken.

The saw is a G1538 from the early 90's. If it were closer, I would be all over it. I am a sucker for cheap old iron.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
... because the trunion mount is broken. The saw is a G1538 from the early 90's. ...

My guess is that this is very likely a very replaceable part, if still available (my guess is it is available, since I can easily remember the early 90's).
Of course that makes the saw not easily testable, but if I were in the market for a BS this would be something I'd look at closely.

DavidK

New User
David
The part is not available from Grizzly and parts from other machines are unlikely to fit since it is such an odd size machine. There are not many cast iron 16 inch bandsaws out there.
On the other hand, it looks like the table is reasonably stable at the 90 degree position.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
If you are adept and are willing, ------- and have a mill you could make one ....... IF

DavidK

New User
David
Yes, with the right tools it certainly looks fixable, but I don't need another project at the moment.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS