Garrett Hack coming to TWA on Friday. A few workshop spots still available

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Just wanted to let everyone know that Garrett Hack is coming to the Triangle Woodworkers Association meeting Friday night. He will speak on "Working smart", how to be more efficient in your shop by combining machinery and hand tools. The meeting starts at 7 PM at the Klingspor store on Capital Blvd. in Raleigh. Guests are welcome.

Also, Garrett is offering a weekend workshop on working with curves. He will demonstrate how he coopers a door, does bent laminations, and then how he joins the latter to drawer sides and legs. He will demonstrate how he constructs half-blind dovetails on curved drawer fronts and how he creates sliding dovetails. Cost for members is $75 for the weekend. Non-members would be a bunch more, but you can join for the rest of the year for $20, so that would be the way to go. The workshop is near Garner NC.

If you are interested please give me a call at 919-698-8927.

Garrett is very approachable, so this is a real opportunity.

Jeff

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I had an awesome time at this workshop and learned so much. It was so iinspiring watching how he works and having him explain his thought process along the way. It has changed my entire way of thinking and how I will approach my next project.

I couldn't believe it only cost me $75 and a membership to the TWA.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve TWA does have a lot to offer if you take advantage of the opportunities. Folks around the Raleigh area should consider checking them out. I enjoyed my time there but 75 miles one way is a bit of a long ride.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I was also there and it was one of the best taught workshops that I have ever attended. Visit Garrett's web site and look at some of his incredible work. Welcome to TWA Steve.

bobby g

Semmons23

New User
Steve
I was there as well and it was awesome. I've been wanted to take a week long or two class with him but haven't. This was a good option and worth every penny. I hope he comes back. Thanks to Allen for hosting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS