FYI. colour in WB finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have bought a few transtint dyes. Note to self - always wear gloves when using as it can be difficult to wash off.

I haven't tried them with the finishes, but I think that makes it a "toner".

How is the table coming by the way?

DavidF

New User
David
I have bought a few transtint dyes. Note to self - always wear gloves when using as it can be difficult to wash off.

I haven't tried them with the finishes, but I think that makes it a "toner".

How is the table coming by the way?

The table turned out crap and I never want to re-finish anything else EVER again; I'd rather build a new one!

Yes that makes them a toner. I ahd to use "Tints All" pigment toner and they were very easy to use and the colours wehn mixed matched my wood finishers colour wheel very well, but the table had too many ingrained stains on it to cover easily and by the time I had finished the table looked "muddy" as is a common problem with pigment. The normal wood bleaches etc did'nt seem to touch these marks. I am going to leave the table in the Sun for a day and see if that takes some of the colour at least ourt of the table!

DavidF

New User
David
Well that sucks, how about the finish? Did it smooth out with what you learned?

Definately increasing the material flow improved the surface. It still needs cutting back, which I will do with micro mesh and the ROS on slow speed. I don't know how long we will hang on to the table though, looks like a new one is on the cards!

Sometimes things just don't don't work out I guess.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS