Fusion 360 training class online?

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
With the SketchUp discussion ongoing, I'd like to see if there's any interest in a fusion 360 class. I'm not qualified to give it, but I'd really be interested in partaking! Is anyone capable of teaching a fusion 360 session? And anyone else interested?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Michael, check into LinkedIn Learning

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
Would the training be on Zoom or another platform? I am going to start using Fusion next week ( waiting for new PC). I've used Solidworks for 20 years but it's not free.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Would the training be on Zoom or another platform? I am going to start using Fusion next week ( waiting for new PC). I've used Solidworks for 20 years but it's not free.
@Mountain City Bill , that remains to be seen. If we can find someone to do the training and if there's enough interest within the group. It looks like Fusion is way more than a woodworker needs. For me coming from AutoCad, it's exactly what I needed for my woodworking! Plus as I said in my first post, it works with my equipment.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd be interested in learning more Fusion 360. I've played with it and gone through some of their on-line training, but not enough to really be comfortable with it.

ssmith

New User
Scott
I'm looking at both Fusion and Sketchup as a solution to my CAD needs.

Fusion training would be helpful, since I'm finding it difficult to do certain things in the app and it could just be my lack of experience with it.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
There's a guy on YT, Paul McWhorter, that does all kinds of technical training classes. I did a series on Fusion360 that really helped me along. But I sure could use a session where it's open for Q & A and free talking. I've been using it a while and I've got some decent cheat sheets. But there's always room for improvement! I can usually get by with what I need to do...

Oh, and I should say...if you watch any of Paul McWhorter's videos, he can be quirky and annoying some times!

Last edited:

Echd

C
User
Product Design Online makes good videos and as long as you have the basics down, he probably has a tutorial for whatever specific need you have as well.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
There's a guy on YT, Paul McWhorter, that does all kinds of technical training classes. I did a series on Fusion360 that really helped me along. But I sure could use a session where it's open for Q & A and free talking. I've been using it a while and I've got some decent cheat sheets. But there's always room for improvement! I can usually get by with what I need to do...

Oh, and I should say...if you watch any of Paul McWhorter's videos, he can be quirky and annoying some times!
Can you reach out to him to see if he would do an "open" Q&A style training?

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
My son uses both SketchUp and Fusion 360. While he appears to be an expert to me - I’m sure he would not feel comfortable being called an expert. Mike - you are welcome to chat him up and determine if you think it would be helpful to have swing over this way for a training. I’m sure Linc and I would sit in and learn a few things!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS