furniture specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
does anyone know of a site where I can find standard furniture specifications ie: chair height, amount of room for a place setting on a table, mattress sizes, etc.?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
There was an article several issues ago in Fine WWing. I see if I can find which one. Also I have a great book call "Architectual Graphic Standards" that has the standard measurements for just about everything. If you have any specific measurements you need.
Dave:)

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
I'm looking for a site like that so I can print it out for my "students". It would save some time and give the budding woodworkers that seem to be interested in the art some homework. I have the Encyclopedia of Woodworking
but it was publlished in the dark ages and I haven't been able to find a current replacement.
thanks
Phil

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The FWW article was only on table design but it is issue #177.
Basically 29" table ht., 25" below appron, 29" per person wide. 36" round/square = 4 person, 48" square = 8/ round = 5 person, 60" square = 12/ round = 6 person. There is a bunch more on design proportions like the Golden Ratio, multiple of 10, and 1,2,3" (top, legs, appron) etc.
HTH, Dave:)

DavidF

New User
David
Phil said:
I have the Encyclopedia of Woodworking
but it was publlished in the dark ages and I haven't been able to find a current replacement.
thanks
Phil

Not a lot has changed since then in woodworking terms, but we have got a little taller since the middle ages:lol:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Not a lot has changed since then in woodworking terms, but we have got a little taller since the middle ages:lol:

yeah, I sure have gotten taller since then. You are talking about the 70's, right???:slap:

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
thanks Dave O--exactly what I was looking for. I'll consult you on all future things requiring research
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS