Funeral Chairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
Built these chairs from Tom Fidgen's book. Both were built 100% with hand tools and I don't think either of them came out very well. One is all QSWO and the other is Ash and Sapele. The QSWO chair was pretty easy and came out much better than the Ash/Sapele one. The Ash was really hard to work with and I found it impossible to plane without getting tearout, even with a low angle smoother I got tearout. It seems like I spent most of my time sanding on the Ash chair.

They both work and hopefully people will jus think they are old :) thanks for looking.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 28.jpg
    FullSizeRender 28.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 261

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
They look fine to me. Functional is always a good thing.

I would have tried a smoother with a high angle frog or a scraper on that Ash. But you got'er done and that's what counts.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
They look great. That's beyond my skills at the moment, maybe someday. Too many people have lost the appreciation of things that were made before the rise of machines. I'm afraid the second wave is coming with robots and AI.

Great job!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Way to o David, you did good! The soothing plane with a high angle or a scraper would have yielded better results on the ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS