Fun with Dados (the 1 gift I made this Christmas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

My BIL asked for a small utility shelf from Santa he could store his small paint bottles on ( he does some kind of model painting)
He gave me basic dimensions and I took some creative liberty from there. I will be giving it to him on Saturday. The strips of wood in the drawer are to keep the paint bottles on the shelves if he wants to glue them down on the front of each shelf.

I had fun laying out all the dados. I started with 2 square pieces of wood for the sides and only cut the angle at the end. It is 1/2" baltic birch. "Just glue and a few pin nails to the glue dries" (to quote a famous woodworker)

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_30051.jpg

IMG_30062.JPG

IMG_30073.JPG

IMG_30092.JPG

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Very nice. I can't wait to get my shop set back up to get to work on the list of projects I have. I can't wait to use my Dado again as well.:thumbs_up

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nifty work there, Tom!!:cool::icon_thum

Now. To cut all of dado's, did you just layout the locations on a square piece of plywood, make the grooves and then cut the piece diagonally for the sides?:dontknow:

Wayne

T

toolferone

Now. To cut all of dado's, did you just layout the locations on a square piece of plywood, make the grooves and then cut the piece diagonally for the sides?:dontknow:

Wayne

Yes, that's exactly how I did it. I drew arrows on the back to show which side went against the fence so I would not do it wrong.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Nice job Tom. I'm looking to do a miniature version of that for some spice bottles inside a cupboard. Gave me some ideas.

Tom S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS