Full Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKE NOAH

New User
Mike
Last Friday I finished a deal on some used equipment and successfully got it unloaded at the shop. I would like to thank Phillip, Dennis, Scott, and Glenn for their advice on handling these pieces. I was a lil gun shy at first about being able to maneuver these pieces around the shop by myself ( the time I spend in the shop most normal people are sleeping )but with the advise I got it saved me from running out and spending money on stuff it turned out I didn't need. The equipment came from a corrugated cardboard display company that had a little too much money in the early 90's and decided they need a prototype shop. Most of this equipment appears to have seen more abuse from being moved around then being used. I will definitely be keeping the planer the other pieces might be for sale shortly as there is no way I can keep it all. The retractable die saw was the first one I had ever seen. Anyway I've blabbed enough, thought you might want to see a few pics.

If anyone is familiar with the Sabermatic I would appreciate any feedback you could give me about one of these.
Thanks for Looking,
Mike

nelsone

New User
Ed
Quite a score! If I had the $$$ I'd see if you wanted to part with that cabinet saw! Congratulations!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'd love to have the jointer, but my 2x6 floor joists would snap like toothpicks.

You're not too far away, we should get together sometime.

MIKE NOAH

New User
Mike
I would like to get together some time too Mike. I was wanting to make one of those Golden Corral dinners in Winston to meet everyone face to face but the work schedule wouldn't allow it.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice haul.:icon_thum :eusa_clap
......but wait! I don't see any spinny thingys in this bunch.:eek: You been listening to Jeff Mills again?:gar-La; Looks like we got us another flat boarder here. That's ok, just save us some scraps for pen blanks and turning segments.:wink_smil

steviegwood

New User
Steven
I would like to know more about the sabermatic myself. It looks like an oversized scroll saw. If that is the case I would love to have one that size. Nice score. Steve

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Oh my goodness-you've found the jointer of my dreams! If you can't bear to joint boards that wide just let me know, I'll be happy to take it off your hands:gar-Bi. Awesome

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Nice score!!! I would love that RJ-42 too, but then I would need to sell another article so I could put a Shelix on it! I'd also need to take it apart so I could hoist it up to my shop! :eek:

I have an RC-51 planer, and love it!

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Congratulations! Nice score! Tell us more about each as you can...Is that PM Cabinet saw a 12"? 3 phase? How wide is that jointer? Definitely very nice equipment!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
WOW MIKE YOU ROCK!

That is some very desireable equipment! At least the top three pictures! Not sure what the Sabermatic is. And is it the retractable die saw?

Anyway I would most certainly keep the top three, the PM Cabinet Saw, The Planer, & the Jointer. I am sure you got them for a great deal, and those just don't happen as often as we would like, and when they do someone else gets it. So I am sure you are feeling guilty for all you got, but use the tools for a while, you'll fall in love and not want to sell them. Trust me.!

Anyway CONGRATULATION"S, ONE AWESOME SCORE!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Mike, I am about 20 minutes from Pfafftown, so give me a hollar if you need a hand about the shop.

YOU ROCK

sapwood

New User
Roger
Now that's a lot of cast iron and power woodworking tools :tool:
I'd say "You Rock", but I don't think anything will rock with all that weight!

Congrats :icon_thum
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors