Fuji Spray System Owners

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
Decided I’m going to pull the trigger and buy a Fuji system as I have to spray our new kitchen cabinets and vanities. Who owns one and if so which model? Looking to narrow my decision process based on experiences. Thanks guys!

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I have a turbine but not that brand. I think something to consider is the warm air generated by the turbine can be a factor with certain finishes. I would not spray shellac through one.

I can tell you I like spraying better with a compressor driven HVLP.

A lot depends on the gun. Fuji has good ones.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I have a 3 stage Fuji Mini-mite 3. I have sprayed only water borne finishes with it. Mainly Resisthane, sold as a pre-cat lacquer. I have sprayed both white tinted and clear. I have the 1 quart cup gun. Works great. I have to turn the size of the pattern down, it can drain the cup in about a minute at full pattern. I don't ever need that large a pattern. The last project I did with it was a crib for my youngest grandson. Worked great. The gun is better than I am. I think somebody good could get a near glass surface with it. I have an extra cup and some caps for cups. So when I finish a coat, I pull the finish cup off the gun, put the water cup on, spray a little to clear finish out of the gun, and then hang it up to dry until the next coat. Undoubtedly not the best but works fine for me and is very easy. I did not use the whip hose at first but I have it now and I think it is worthwhile. I have not purchased extra nozzle sets yet but may to be able to spray latex. I used to use a compressor gun but it didn't work very well and I think the cause was I did not have enough air. You really need a big compressor to drive a spray gun. But the turbine on my mini mite delivers all the air it needs.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have the mini mite 4 with the gravity feed gun, also I have the 9600 G-XPC gun and a touch up gun that they make. I’ve used conversion varnish, lacquer, shellac, latex enamel no complaints so far. I would recommend spending time with the gun and materials you plan to use before investing into needle cap combos.

Last edited:

craftbeerguy

Craft Beer Guy
User
I also have a Mini-Mite 4. I posted a review on it maybe 2 years ago if you do a search. It pretty much sums up a new user experience with it. Jump ahead to the present and I found using the Ford cup to measure viscosity and it's relation to needle size and material was the game changer for me.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I have a Sprayfine 4 stage. I have sprayed pretty much everything. Latex was the one that was most troublesome. Only because it generated more overspray. Pretty sure that was user operator error.
Air temp is relative to ambient material temperature. Here in Hawaii everything is 75-80 surface temp . So, when you spray material it goes on like normal all things being equal.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I have the older 3 stage Fuji. I only spray shellac with this gun. I don't super clean the gun. I just blow alcohol through it after use & before the next job. This routine seems to work for me. Fuji makes a very good product and their customer service is great.

Pop

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
Thanks guys!! That was just the information I was looking for… I am still on the fence between the Mini Mite and Semi Pro 2 but will likely go for the latter. Definitely going to get the whip hose.

Great advice as always!

joemartinez316

Joe
User
I as well have a Fuji Spray system and love it. It takes a little getting used to but I'm certain you will be very pleased. I specifically own the Q4 Turbine with the gravity fed gun.

mpeele

michael
User
I have an old turbine (at least 15 years, when they were black and I think its a 2 stage) with two newer(7 or 8 years old) guns. A 9600-XPC Quart gun and a 9600-G-XPC 400 cc cup gravity feed. My gravity gun has the metal cup on the side that is adjustable so you can spray up or down. I use the gravity feed gun a lot more that the bottom feed because of the adjustable cup. You will want the whip hose and foot switch to turn the turbine off and on.

cfield60

jeff
User
I use a Q5. Performs very well. Began using Fuji products in the 80's with their 1st generation "Fuji Super" 2 stage turbine and bleeder gun. It still works perfectly today but I rarely use it. Also have a Q4 for a back up. I prefer the G-XPC gun which I have modified to use with a 2 1/2 gallon pressure pot with 1/4" tubing. I can simply throw the tubing in the recycle bin when time to replace it. I never was tempted to try their T-75(I think) gun because it has waaay too many parts and would take too much time to clean, in my opinion. I build new home cabinetry and use my spray equipment almost daily. When I finish spraying I am ready to leave the shop in 10 minutes after having cleaned the gun and system thoroughly. I spray latex and some oils but 95% pre-cat lacquer. In hot, humid weather I add 2 oz of MAK per gallon of lacquer to retard the drying time. I can easily spray large panels with excellent results. Hope this helps

waitup

Matt
Corporate Member
There is a Q5 with 2 guns in Raleigh on Facebook Marketplace for $1100 if you haven't bought one yet. I would buy it, but have to finish our house before I spend any more $$$

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
There is a Q5 with 2 guns in Raleigh on Facebook Marketplace for $1100 if you haven't bought one yet. I would buy it, but have to finish our house before I spend any more $$$
I’m in the same boat! Finishing the house and need a gun to spray the kitchen cabinets!! Lol

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I have 2 Fuji guns. 1 is their standard cup bottom feed. 2 is a converted gun with small plastic cup for touch-up.

Pop

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS