FS: Rockwell 40-407 VS Scroll Saw

Dee2

Gene
Corporate Member
I've rebuilt this scroll saw completely. New bearings, gaskets, paint, power cords, oil, etc. I finished the rebuild a couple of years ago and have never used the saw. The stand is on dual lock casters.

Don't like my color scheme? It comes with a second Rockwell complete c-arm, base, stand, and a few miscellaneous parts in original gray. FWIW, the second stand has an ~3"X3" hole in the top but it should not effect functionality, IMHO.

Dearly Beloved will not allow me to keep it in the den to look at. I think it is pretty.

Looks like parted out it is worth $700+ on eBay. I'm interested in getting it in someone's hands who will use it, or keep it dusted for display. Let's start at $600, OBO. If that is too high, make an offer.

Pickup in Greenville NC or you can arrange pony express.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-5.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice restoration, Gene. Where did you find the parts? I have a 40-440 that needs 1 or 2 parts, but everywhere I look it says "no longer available".

Dee2

Gene
Corporate Member
Thanks Bill. Here's another picture. Isn't old age fun? I don't recall how I preserved or replaced the decals/stickers.
Unknown-10.jpeg

I purchased this saw as a package of two at auction. The one pictured here was pretty much complete and any parts needed were robbed from the second. I have a bag of miscellaneous parts but not enough to build out the second C-arm, base and stand.

Since I'm not getting any bites on this package, I guess I could spread out the parts bag and send a pic. If you see something you like in that and we can come to a price, I'll include the resto-saw and second frame/base/stand. :D ;)

I did cut my own gaskets from sheet stock

You might check the vintage machinery forum for parts. It has been some time since I looked over there for anything. Or, the fleabay.

Last edited:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thanks Gene. I don't even remember which part I needed now, it's been so long since I messed w/ it. I'm not much of a scroller so it's obviously not a high priority for me. :)

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS