From rough cut to spice rack in under an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I made and finished this spice rack today. Took less than 1 hour from rough cut lumber to hanging on the wall. You may not be able to tell but the shelves have a 1/4 x 3/8" lip in the front, so the bottles don't fall out. If you can't tell that means I did a good glue job. I evoked some of FredP's tips for speed and bam done in under an hour.

Spice_Rack.jpg

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
Nice! i have to build something similar, hopefully tomorrow, for the back of my pantry door.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice, Jeff!:icon_thum:icon_thum

(Now. Fess up. What finish did you use to have it ready to hang and stock in an hour?:eusa_thin:icon_scra It takes this old fella, at least a full day to think up a plan and dimension all of my stock!:wsmile:)

I am sure that it is much appreciated.

Wayne

Bryan S

Bryan

(Now. Fess up. What finish did you use to have it ready to hang and stock in an hour?:eusa_thin:icon_scra It takes this old fella, at least a full day to think up a plan and dimension all of my stock!:wsmile:)

My thoughts exactly. It would have taken me at least 2 weeks for that. Sweet :icon_thum Looking good.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Wow, my first step would have been to take a week to think about it :).
And where is the link to FredP's wisdom!!!??! :)
Salem

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

I am sure that it is much appreciated.

Wayne

50% Mineral Spirits 50% Gloss Poly, brush on, wipe off excess with a rag. Then 2 or 3 mins with heat gun. took no more than 10 mins to mix, apply and dry the finish.

Heat gun also works will for drying glue joints, don't go hog wild, dry the glue just enough so it's set well and you can take it out of the clamps - no more hours in clamps - hours have been reduced to mins :)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Wow, my first step would have been to take a week to think about it :).
And where is the link to FredP's wisdom!!!??! :)
Salem

Well, in my brain - I picked up a ton of cool speed tips working with FredP - I doubt he even knows how much I learned.

It's a real good thing no body has figured out how to provide a URL to what's in my brain :gar-La;

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Ok one thing FredP taught me that saves a ton of time. Don't stop to think about the step your on while you doing that step, think about how your going to do something that's 3 or 4 steps ahead. See the details of the step your currently on was thought through 3 or 4 steps ago, so no need to stop and think about it now. Hope that made some sense :icon_scra

Fred kept loosing me when we were working together, he was talking about how to do something that was like 4 steps ahead. It took me a while to get into that mode of thinking but once I got a handle on it, I was amazed how I can avoid mistakes, how much time I can save, how the project at hand just flows along and is a heck of a lot more enjoyable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS