From Mtns. of Western NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hilbillee

Hello All,
Just a short note to introduce myself. My name is Phillip and I live in Canton in Haywood Co. I am just getting back into doing scroll saw work after being out for awhile. It's a learning process all over...lol. I have a Dremel 1800 scrollsaw, a couple of Dremel tools, a small bandsaw, and various other wood working items. I have discovered that I am world champion at making saw dust...lol, but not much else. I just enjoy making things. I am making most of my Christmas presents this year.
Phillip

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome to the group. It's ggod to see some more people popping up in the West.

Steve D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome!!!!, it's good to have you here. We need more people experienced in saw dust making. There are too many members making really nice stuff, I am beginning to feel inadequate. I look forward to you input around here. Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. Be sure you check out Cathy's work, she's a fellow scroll-sawer

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Welcome aboard:icon_thum . I have only been a member for about a week now and have found some very good info on this site along with some very enlightening (and entertaining) posts. You will find all of the folks here extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgable.

I wish I could say I was making all my Christmas gifts this year but I seem to be a master of procrastination. If I wanted to do something like that I would have to start around June.

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I know the feeling Steve. There just never seems to be enough time to get it all done.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome! Always glad to know someone else makes a lot of sawdust! If I were making anything other than pens for Christmas this year I would have had to have started at least a year ago. You'll find a lot of nice folks on these boards.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Mmmm...sawdust
Atleast you could make that into gravy or fruitcake for Christmas gifts!
Welcome, Phillip! I hope that you get as much from this board as I have.

fivestring

New User
Gary
Welcome from another noob.

Quite a few of sawmills up your way; shouldn't have any problem finding wood!

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Hey Phillip, I for one am very happy to see you. Oh, you're from NC also. Dang, I was hoping you would take some of the abuse these guys are piling on me. Nevermind.;-)

Welcome, this looks like it's gonna be a nice place to hang out.
ken

sapwood

New User
Roger
Even more welcome! Especially glad to see more folks from western NC--we need all the "wood" connections we can get. Seems the triangle area prefers pavement to trees. Concrete doesn't saw well, especially with hand tools:lol:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS