From MD to Apex

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Good day,
We recently moved to Apex from Western Maryland. We were about 15 miles from Harper's Ferry WVa as well as Antietam Battlefield.
I have been a woodworker for many years and, started woodturning about 20 some years ago.
Looking forward to meeting with fellow woodturners/woodworkers which I've not been able to do these last few years due to the pandemic and club activities being virtual.
-Hitch

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Thanks folks!
I wanted to post to ask for some tradesmen referrals, chimney, roof etc, for work we need done on the new house, but I don't see an off-topic area.
Where should I put a post of that sort?
Thanks
Hitch

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome.
At the top of the page 2 buttons from 'Home' is 'Forums' button. If you hit the drop down arrow, the first item is for a list of forums. Scroll down the list and you will find the 'Off Topic' forum. There is also a 'Where can I find, buy, or sell' forum.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Welcome. Brings back memories. 50 years ago I spent many hours fishing the Potomac from #3 Dam down to the bridge just south of Harpers Ferry. Lots of small mouth bass and huge bluegill around all those rock formations in the middle of the river..

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Welcome.
At the top of the page 2 buttons from 'Home' is 'Forums' button. If you hit the drop down arrow, the first item is for a list of forums. Scroll down the list and you will find the 'Off Topic' forum. There is also a 'Where can I find, buy, or sell' forum.
So I found the forum list here : https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?forums/-/list
But there is no 'Off Topic' forum listed.
Should I use the 'Where can I find...' instead?
Thanks again

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
There is a "who we are" for introductions. No "off-topic" like over in LJ.

If you can make lunch Friday, you can meet a few folks. Great food and of course right next to Klingspor. So sometimes a lunch expedition gets expensive. Highland Gaelic Ale on tap. :)

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
There is a "who we are" for introductions. No "off-topic" like over in LJ.

If you can make lunch Friday, you can meet a few folks. Great food and of course right next to Klingspor. So sometimes a lunch expedition gets expensive. Highland Gaelic Ale on tap. :)
Thanks for the invite! I am off work Friday but can't make it to lunch. I am having surgery on a torn miniscus :-(

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Hitch!
We are glad you found us.
As I tell everyone you get out of NCWW what you put in. Ask a question, you WILL get an answer, probably more than one and most time from a. someone who "has been there done that and has multiple tee-shirts!" LOL (there are a LOT of experienced people here...
As for meeting people, there is an even coming up called the Klingspor Extravaganza in Hickory, NC : Klingspor's Woodworking Shop Woodworking Extravaganza
Many of us visit and we have a booth set-up for both days. If you can make it, you will meet quite a few NCWW members there.

Finally to your question, when you click on the down arrow next to Forums, you can click on "Forum list" and you will navigate to, you guessed, it a list of our forums, down near the bottom is the "Where can I find" or the "off topic" forums link.

1661532380511.png

Additionally id you were to click on the "post thread" link on the right hand side of the page, you can scroll and choose what forum you want to post into.
1661532837363.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS