From MD to Apex

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Good day,
We recently moved to Apex from Western Maryland. We were about 15 miles from Harper's Ferry WVa as well as Antietam Battlefield.
I have been a woodworker for many years and, started woodturning about 20 some years ago.
Looking forward to meeting with fellow woodturners/woodworkers which I've not been able to do these last few years due to the pandemic and club activities being virtual.
-Hitch
Welcome to the group. I spent 30 yrs + in Maryland mostly in Laurel; Columbia; and Ellicott City. We visit our son often in Frederick, MD and always loved driving around in your old neck of the woods. You will find this group friendly and informative. With your turning background I'm sure you will add much to the knowledge base of the group which is already enormous.

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Thanks Ray
Frederick was the closest 'big' city to us.
My wife worked there and I worked in Elkridge, which is near BWI Airport.
Lots of good spots in Frederick to eat when you visit your son!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I belive that I get new privileges after 30 days?
Is that when I am able to see other member's profiles, send PMs and post in the 'for sale' section?
There is a thread where I was asking (aren't I supposed to know... LOL) about the different levels and when a member progresses through them.
I will try to look for it later tonight or in the morning... nearly a month later... guessing you should already be good?

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
There is a thread where I was asking (aren't I supposed to know... LOL) about the different levels and when a member progresses through them.
I will try to look for it later tonight or in the morning... nearly a month later... guessing you should already be good?
I still can't access the Off Topic forum.
On my profile page it says "not DQ because I have not been a member for 60 days.
I don't know what DQ stands for?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have added you to the Off Topic group, you may have to log out/in to see the change.

DQ is Discount Qualified, which some of our sponsors offer as a perk. Klingspors offers a 10% off products except for items with cords, and wood.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS