From a shed in North Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thav

Tony
Senior User
Hi everyone, I'm Tony. Just signed up recently and chatted with Mike, Ken and Scott in the new member chat tonight.

I'm a relatively new father, and getting into woodworking more seriously to make my baby some furniture and toys. Got a little experience with woodworking in college, and now a few months ago started picking it up again. A couple small projects of mine are uploaded to the Members Gallery.
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=10030
Some projects I'm looking to start next are step stools, tables and chairs for a toddler.

I also have been 3D printing at home for a few years, having built one of the popular open source 3D printers in 2011. I participate in the 3D printing community over on Google+, https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyOlivo/posts/p/pub

Pleasure to meet you all

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcomr to the dust pile Tony and howdy neighbor. Great folks here so ask away if you have any questions. Holler anytime if you need any help

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Tony!
I think you will enjoy it here. Al the banter and people willing and able to help physically or simply there ti answer a question.

I see you are into 3D printing - there is a CAD/CAM Design forum and it would be GREAT if you posted some stuff in there about 3D printing!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Tony. Glad you found us and decided to join in. Please don't hesitate to ask any question you have about woodworking, and you'll get lots of help. Pretty soon you'll be the one giving answers.

Bryan S

Bryan
Welcome to our little spot on the web, glad to have you with us. Lots of good folks here, so please do not be shy feel free to join in a conversation or ask any question

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Enjoyed chatting with you last night. Welcome to one of the friendliest websites around. Ask questions, give advice when you have it and did somebody mention that we love pictures. Both of work in progress and finished projects.

It seems you've already stirred some interest in your other hobby of 3D printing. Something I've been interested in as well. The wave of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors