Froglips aka Jim Campbell

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
I understand many in this list were not aware, so wanted to post this with his family's blessing...

Jim, age 49, passed away on Feb 18, 2020 after a battle against oral cancer. Many will remember Jim as one of the earlier administrators on this site. I met him through NCWW on one of the shop crawls at my garage shop in Hillsborough where we both lived, not far from WoodArtz.

He was dedicated to helping others learn more about woodworking, though a little unorthodox at times. He had this vision in Hillsborough for a group that met weekly to do woodworking and learn skills (and drink beer when we weren't doing the former:) ). That morphed into HOW - Hillsborough Orange Woodworkers, that has impacted a lot of people over the last 10+ years. Whether projects, outings, skill nights, or ww video nights, Jim always was pushing us to learn, cracking jokes, smiling, giving, the heart of the group.

I would not have progressed in woodworking as I have without Jim and his friendship. His generous and friendly nature are dearly missed.

Appreciate this forum to have a place of remembrance for one taken before his time.
Dan Snyder

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Jim was the one who first introduced me to NCWW. I found the HOW group through some online search for woodworking clubs. After I joined, he said, "You might also be interested in this other group." As soon as I joined NCWW he invited me to my first shop crawl in early 2010. I believe it was hosted by Rob in Sanford. He also helped me w/ several technical/computer issues in the early years.

RIP Jim Campbell

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
RIP fine Sir. Deepest condolences to the family and friends.

Thank you for posting this Dan.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Jim always made new members of HOW feel like they were welcomed. Over the years, he put many hours into helping organize HOW activities. He was extremely patient with me (as were all members) as I fell behind on the current project if I missed a week as I am currently without a very workable shop. Despite Jim's best efforts to help me catch up, I have a lot of 3/4 finished HOW projects. :)

Jim loved to help people learn about woodworking, so I am going to pass on one of his tips that I have enjoyed, the website of traditional woodworker Bob Rozaieski. Bob Rozaieski Fine Woodworking

I will always appreciate what Jim gave to our group. Someday I will get the shop up and running and finish some of those HOW projects while I think of Jim.

Bryan S

Bryan
First met Jim at the one f the first picnics. I knew then he was a stand up guy and a kind and gentle soul

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I will always remember Jim for the great pictures and stories he'd share from some of those shop crawls, he certainly was one of the biggest champions of getting members together. Be at peace brother, you're in God's hands.

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
All,
Last call for anyone who has any remembrances, stories, or quips they want to share for Jim. I am going to copy all of these entries in a document to give to Ashley to give to their son, Parker, when he is older. Just wanted to share a bit of his dad with him when he is older so he knows what kind of man and friend he was.

So share anything that reflects on Jim and his character.

Thanks all.
Dan Snyder

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS