Freud rip blades question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSHuff

New User
Brian
I have a "Heavy Duty Rip" TS blade that on the blade it says something like 3/4-2.75 inch usable capacity. Last time I was in the store I saw the 'glue line rip' that stated it was 1/8-1 inch. Are these ideal ranges or am I risking blade & other damage by using them outside of their 'usage range'?

I know I have ripped 1/2" with the HD RIP before and had good results, and have been using the HD rip to cut dadoes for box/drawer bottoms as it is a flat top and 1/8 plate. Am I ok sawing smaller than 3/4 with the HD rip? Or is there a different blade I should be using? I also have an "Ultimate Cutoff" and a 'thin kerf General Purpose' (my utility blade for 'household' use), as well as some others

I know ideally I should have one of every blade made but... :)

T

toolferone

No the HD rip blade is fine for all your normal ripping in the 3/4 to 2.75 range. The glue-line rip is a different style rip blade designed to leave a very smooth edge to go straight to glue up, bypassing the jointer. I have ripped smaller then the 3/4 before too with no problem. The Freud saw blades are all designed to be set at one half the height of the carbide above the work piece ( about 1/8"). Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS