Freud Fusion TS Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Having used a Forrest WWII for a few years I decided to take advantage of Peachtree's 25% off sale and grab a Freud Fusion. The Fusion is a 30 degree Hi- ATB 40 tooth blade.
I initially had burning when ripping Maple but discovered the rip fence was kicked in a couple of thousandths at the end. After correcting this operator error, the Fusion rips and crosscuts an edge smooth as a baby's bottom and there is no issue using a full kerf blade on my Ridgid TS3650 1.5hp contractor saw.
I'll not say it's way better than the WWII, but it is definitely the WWI's equal. For a glue-up ready edge at this point I would give the edge to the Fusion. At $75 it's a bargin.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ken,

Thanks for the review. It's good to know there is a lower cost blade that performs well. Can you tell us more about the "quality test"? Have you tried any other wood types? Any plywood?

Ray

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Ken,

Thanks for the review. It's good to know there is a lower cost blade that performs well. Can you tell us more about the "quality test"? Have you tried any other wood types? Any plywood?

Ray
Ray,
I'll do some additional cuts on different material including ply later today or tomorrow morning, and post some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS