tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
:gar-Bi
SD208.jpg

algustaf

New User
Al
Went to Lowes last night thinking the same thing. They had them at my local store at a reduced price, but not a clearance. I think they knocked of $10 and sticker said "new lower price". I think it was around $89.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Freud Dado sets on closeout at Lowes

Went to Lowes last night thinking the same thing. They had them at my local store at a reduced price, but not a clearance. I think they knocked of $10 and sticker said "new lower price". I think it was around $89.
Same thing around here at the Lowe's stores I've visited lately. They have another brand on the shelf right below the Freud for $49.95. Can't remember the brand, though.

mxracer

New User
Dan
Same thing around here at the Lowe's stores I've visited lately. They have another brand on the shelf right below the Freud for $49.95. Can't remember the brand, though.

It's a mibro. Never heard of it before but it's not a bad set. It's a little "thinner" than the Freud (13/16 vs 7/8 on the Freud) but not bad for ~1/2 the price.

So far I've only used it to cut a 1/4 dado in some poplar to frame a sheet of pegboard for over my bench. Accurate and balanced, all carbide tips, and the wooden box is nice for storage.

Also saw the same $89 for the Freud locally. The Freud might be a better set but at ~1/2 price I figured I'd at least give the mibro a try.

T

tmwassack

Greetings from Asheboro!
After seeing the OP's post Friday morning, I called Lowe's and inquired about the Lowe's item number - 123863. They had 2 in stock. I asked about the price - $89.95. I asked if they would meet another Lowe's store price of $45.00, if I produced a copy of the receipt. They said sure, I took an early lunch - so only 1 left in the Asheboro Lowe's as of Friday.

Respectfully,
Tom Wassack

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
Great, I,m glad someone took the initiative to get a store to pricematch. Now if you look inside certain packages of their CFL lightbulbs and some packs of batteries there are $10 off $50 coupons for use at Lowes so you can get those and a few bucks off or at least pay the taxes if you shop around a little.:gar-Bi

jhreed

New User
james
LOWE'S AT THE FOLLOWING STORES HAS THESE, I JUST CHECKED STORES CLOSE TO ME. GO TO YOUR CLOSEST LOWE'S AND GIVE THEM PRODUCT NUMBER 123863 AND THEY CAN CHECK INVENTORY CLOSE TO YOU. WOODCRAFT WANT $94.97. REMEMBER THIS IS A CLOSEOUT AT LOWE'S NEGOTIATE, YOU MAY GET THEM FOR LESS THAN $20.00

KINSTON HAS 2 SETS
SMITHFIELD HAS 3 SETS
NEWBERN HAS 4 SETS
GREENVILLE HAS 2 SETS
KNIGHTDALE HAS 2 SETS
WEST RALEIGH HAS 2 SETS
DO NOT PAY OVER $49.00 AND NEGOTIATE FOR LESS
JAMES H. REED

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
LOWE'S AT THE FOLLOWING STORES HAS THESE, I JUST CHECKED STORES CLOSE TO ME. GO TO YOUR CLOSEST LOWE'S AND GIVE THEM PRODUCT NUMBER 123863 AND THEY CAN CHECK INVENTORY CLOSE TO YOU. WOODCRAFT WANT $94.97. REMEMBER THIS IS A CLOSEOUT AT LOWE'S NEGOTIATE, YOU MAY GET THEM FOR LESS THAN $20.00

KINSTON HAS 2 SETS
SMITHFIELD HAS 3 SETS
NEWBERN HAS 4 SETS
GREENVILLE HAS 2 SETS
KNIGHTDALE HAS 2 SETS
WEST RALEIGH HAS 2 SETS
DO NOT PAY OVER $49.00 AND NEGOTIATE FOR LESS
JAMES H. REED

I entered that number on the Lowes website and it doesn't recognize it. WASSSSSSS UP?

Mike

mxracer

New User
Dan
I entered that number on the Lowes website and it doesn't recognize it. WASSSSSSS UP?

Mike

Since it's on clearance the website will not list it. You have to either call or go to the store and have them look it up on their internal inventory system.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
I got one at $45.00 (did not know to negotiate even further). Worked through the customer service desk. They had to call someone to get clearance to pricematch the Texas receipt I gave to them.

This is the model with 3 x 1/8" chippers and a variety of shims and spacers. I am sure it will be a step up from my HF set.

I left one unit at the Hanes Mall Blvd/ Winston-Salem store at noon 09/11/09.

lottathought

New User
Michael
Dado1.jpg
Dado1.jpg

Just got the last one at the Clayton store.
Many thanks for the receipt copy.
That is what I needed for the pricematch.

Jimbo

James
User
And I just got the last one from the W-S Hanes Mall Blvd store. Kudos to all on this thread - they honored the copy of the receipt and sold it for $45. After all - the only thing better than scoring a new tool is the feeling that you GOT OVER while scoring a new tool!
Jim O'Brien

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
This is probably a long shot.....

BUT - if anybody spots any 1" arbor dado sets that are discounted at Lowes please let me know!

I'm looking for a set in the 8" - 10" range, and Grizzly has their inexpensive ones back-ordered until November.

I have a really nice 5/8" arbor set, but need the 1" set for a special project and hate to drop close to $300 bucks (that's what the name brand 1" sets cost) on something that I may only use every few years.

Thanks.

Scott

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Scott, how about this Freud 10" one for around 1/2 of the 300 bones? It's not exactly "clearance" but it's a lot less and seems to be in stock.

HTH,
Brian.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Scott, how about this Freud 10" one for around 1/2 of the 300 bones? It's not exactly "clearance" but it's a lot less and seems to be in stock.

HTH,
Brian.

Hey Brian - thanks for the link. That is indeed a good price, and I had not considered them.

Unfortunately, I screwed up.... I thought that my RAS had a 1" arbor, same as my table saw. Turns out that the RAS has an 1-1/4" arbor...

Right now I have a nice Forrest 5/8" arbor dado set, which I can use in my TS if I swap out the arbors (takes around 10 minutes). I can also use this set in an older Sears RAS that I have, just not the big RAS.

If I buy a 1" arbor set for the TS, then I don't have to swap arbors, but it still won't work on my big RAS. I'm thinking that if I buy a new set, it probably ought to be 1-1/4" arbor, as that way it will work on the big saw, and I can swap out the arbors and use the 5/8" set on the TS.

Now, I just need to find a reasonably priced dado set for an 1-1/4" arbor. Since the RAS is a 16", I'll probably need at least a 12" dado set, and you know that's not going to be cheap...

I probably ought to watch for a used set on e-bay or something for a few weeks, before I drop some real coin on a new set.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Unfortunately, I screwed up.... I thought that my RAS had a 1" arbor, same as my table saw. Turns out that the RAS has an 1-1/4" arbor...

Hmm... it turns out that I made a mistake... in thinking that I made a mistake!

The RAS DOES have a 1" arbor - yee haw - so I can interchange the dado set between the tablesaw and the RAS.

There is a new Freud 10" / 1" bore DADO blade set for sale on e-bay; I think that I'll try to pick it up for a good deal. Right now there are no bidders and it's at 100 bucks; I'll keep my fingers crossed that no one else is interested in it.

Brian - thanks for getting me to thinking about alternatives.

Scott

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors