Freud Customer Service - WOW! = Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedAS

Ted
Corporate Member
This is what Brown delivered on Friday!
I just had to take advantage of Lowe’s $99 deal this was too good to pass up.:gar-Bi

As I was getting the fixed base ready to mount in my router table I made an unfortunate discovery. One of the holes in the metal casting was machined at the wrong angle, as a result when it was assembled at the factory it was cross-threaded. :gar-Cr

Now I had to decide…
Do I send it back to Lowe’s and wait for a replacement to be shipped (Who knows how involved this could be)?

Or do I call Freud customer service?

I called Freud Friday afternoon and look what Brown brought today! :banana:

That was FAST! Just in time to mount in the router table I am going to win tomorrow.

I have got to give Freud customer service a great big tool man grunt; they are great to work with.

Ted

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Sorry, you already won. Only one prize per family/household per year!

Congrats on the router and the service from Freud!

Alex Franke

New User
Alex
Awesome! I've had several surprising customer service experiences lately. This is a great one to hear about!

(If you end up building your own router table for it, be aware that the included template is a bit off the mark. The holes for (as I recall) height, clamp, and spindle lock need to be bigger than marked, and I think it was the spindle lock hole that was a bit off the mark. I was able to correct it by drilling the larger hole slightly off center.)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I too, am glad to hear another good customer service story. We need more. Businesses may be getting the idea that they have to treat their customers like each one is a goldmine... cause... they are!

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Freud Rocks!

Last year, one of my 10in blades lost a couple of carbide teeth. Just fell off. Weld/braze not good.

Freud replaced within a week! I had to ship the old one back, but so what!

I believe they are in VA. So turn-around time was super fast.

Love the Freud stuff!

Matt

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
This is what Brown delivered on Friday!
I just had to take advantage of Lowe’s $99 deal this was too good to pass up.:gar-Bi

As I was getting the fixed base ready to mount in my router table I made an unfortunate discovery. One of the holes in the metal casting was machined at the wrong angle, as a result when it was assembled at the factory it was cross-threaded. :gar-Cr

Now I had to decide…
Do I send it back to Lowe’s and wait for a replacement to be shipped (Who knows how involved this could be)?

Or do I call Freud customer service?

I called Freud Friday afternoon and look what Brown brought today! :banana:

That was FAST! Just in time to mount in the router table I am going to win tomorrow.

I have got to give Freud customer service a great big tool man grunt; they are great to work with.

Ted

Ted, Sweet looking router. Let us know what your opinion of it is!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS