Free rifle crates in Monroe, NC (SE Charlotte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
I can only guess that in some small store in LA or NYC, these are being sold as coffee tables for $750 each.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Very cool and I need a couple of coffee tables. Anyone from apex getting any? I wonder if they smell funny?

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
They more than likely smell like machine oil, cosmoline and a drying dessicant. A little sanding, and they will smell like new. I don't need any but I have used similar quite a few years ago.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
They'd go well with a cable spool coffee table and some cinder block book cases...........

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
They'd go well with a cable spool coffee table and some cinder block book cases...........

The days before wifey - I traded my cable spool tables and cinder block cases for good cooking. But you forgot milk create LP storage bins. The steel ones were best :)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Cindershelves.jpg

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan

Very 60s/early 70s. :cool:

I remember the 70s, can not say that I ever crossed paths with the 60s. :)

But I could never have gotten by with such small shelves. Even by college I had a 10ft wide by 7ft tall wall of bookcases and they were already overflowing with (mostly) reference books. My entire family has a serious book addiction...I just hope eBooks never fully replace the real things...as much as I may love my iPad, it just is not the same experience! My first shelves were constructed from produce crates and 1x's, but as they got taller I finally had to replace them with something a bit more stable that could handle hat much weight.

PS -- Thanks for the flashback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS