Free portable shoulder vise ( spoken for)

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
I made this prototype portable shoulder vise to try my hand at wooden threads and here is a link to that discussion:
IMG_3393.JPG

Since I have nearly a dozen vises in my shop and parts for another, I would like to give this vise to another NCWW member. Is there someone who does not have a dovetailing vise, or any vise at all, who would like this vise?

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Pop-Pop, I'm interested but live in Hendersonville which I suspect is a long way from you.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will volunteer to PE it, but it may be January before I a up Pop-Pop's way...

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Hank, I'm fine with that f Pop-Pop is willing to part with the vise. I do not have a vise that works well for this style (I've had the wood and hardware to build a good bench with both a tail and front for years, but other projects always have gotten in the way).

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
I am in Raleigh.

As an alternative, I think I can wrangle it into a USPS large flat-rate box which ships for $22.45.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, I'm fine with that f Pop-Pop is willing to part with the vise. I do not have a vise that works well for this style (I've had the wood and hardware to build a good bench with both a tail and front for years, but other projects always have gotten in the way).
You guys work it out and let me know... still happy to help!

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Pop-Pop, I'll send you a PM with my email and home address and if you send me your email address, I can generate a pre-addressed label for shipping it if you can confirm that it will fit in a Large Flat-Rate box -- I can send you a PDF copy of the label and that will save the hassle of transferring funds if that works for you. I'm away for the Thanksgiving holiday with family until Sunday.

Rob

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS