Free - Molding Heads Cutting Set

wwian

New User
Ian Worthington
Hey Folks!

I inherited this set and I don't have any intention of using it. While the case is not in great shape, the heads and molding head appear to be brand new. SO, I'm giving it away to one of you!

I live in North Raleigh, near Six Forks Rd & 540. We can arrange a porch pick-up.

IMG_6667.jpg
IMG_6668.jpg
IMG_6666.jpg

schnable

New User
Andrew
I also have a set - I used them a few times and I found them frightening. That's a lot of steel spinning at a very high speed coming up through a very wide hole in your throat plate. I parked them in the back of a drawer and I found other ways to do the job.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
That's what I used before I got a shaper. I still use one from time to time. The tilting arbor of a table saw allows all sorts of versatility in profiles. Wood throat plates are easily enough made. I find a stack dado set far more frightening. Feed slowly and keep a good grip on a hold-down type push stick. The fork on the tip type of push stick is dangerous.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I use mine to make beaded stock and the fingernail bit is excellent for cutting cove molding on the table saw.

-Mark

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've got a set also, but can't remember the last time I used it.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Mine are in a drawer where they've been ever since I bought them. Just never had the courage to give them a whirl.o_O

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
LOL.............I have two sets of those and have used them a lot in the past. I have been thinking for some time about using them on my shaper but have not tried it yet. Has anyone tried using them on a shaper? The rpm of my shaper is much slower than the table saw.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Made a butt load of replacement siding over the years with mine. Own more than one set. Corab still makes cutters. I'm not sure why the sound scares people. One word of warning, they will fill up the dust bin on a DC QUICKLY! DAMHIK! For all those who are afraid of unit, can you document someone actually getting hurt while using one?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors